News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 638     0 

East Village Leslieville (1321 Gerrard, Aykler/Urban Fabric, 3s TH)

Hope it goes through; that corner lot is one sad-@ssed story and it's a drag to always be seeing a derelict building like that.

Queen & Laing NOT the location

I tracked down the owner of 1131 Queen East (that grey'ish bldg) @ Laing St. He confirmed that it was not his site. Wonder where else it could be? Perhaps it's this site a bit further East at Hiltz??? http://g.co/maps/e2zrh

Maybe not off Queen St at all.

Check it ---> According to this City of Toronto doc the site is most likely 1321 Gerrard.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=1321+G...4L+3X1&t=m&z=19&panoid=0kJ3qxXrd52KtO9JLFMQzA

In search of spicy papadums for a recipe, my daughter and I walked Gerrard from Coxwell to Lahore Tikka (found some where we should have looked first, Koh I Noor.) Little India is getting the 'Greektown' treatment. A number of 'non-Indian' shops are moving in and a lot of the non-sari Indian shops are boarded up. I hope, for Gerrard's sake, the transformation brings this stretch back to some of its former glory. It'll be sad, however, if it completely loses its Little India feel.

Getting rid of this Coffee Time, however, is nothing but a good thing.

In search of spicy papadums for a recipe, my daughter and I walked Gerrard from Coxwell to Lahore Tikka (found some where we should have looked first, Koh I Noor.) Little India is getting the 'Greektown' treatment. A number of 'non-Indian' shops are moving in and a lot of the non-sari Indian shops are boarded up. I hope, for Gerrard's sake, the transformation brings this stretch back to some of its former glory. It'll be sad, however, if it completely loses its Little India feel.

Getting rid of this Coffee Time, however, is nothing but a good thing.

it's being genetrified and wasped b/c of leslieville ...
unless the indian shopkeepers/owners of the buildings clean up and reno the stores, the area's new demographic won't be patronizing them much.

it's being genetrified and wasped b/c of leslieville ...
unless the indian shopkeepers/owners of the buildings clean up and reno the stores, the area's new demographic won't be patronizing them much.

Though I love parts of Little India, I agree, in general it looks somewhat downtrodden and uninviting to the casual visitor. Even Lahore Tikka House, if not for its near legendary status, would put off most passers-by. That said, there's a lot that can go overlooked because of poor first impressions, and a few renos could certainly help things.

What a stupid name. I can't take this crap anymore. Why not name it simply "Leslieville" and spare the embarrassment of adding in that ridiculous mark of insecurity?

Updated details here for the thread name.

2012_07_05_01_59_16_ext.png

2012_07_05_01_59_55_int.png

2012_07_05_01_59_44_ext3.png

2012_07_05_01_59_34_ext2.png

Back