News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 306     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 858     0 

East Village Leslieville (1321 Gerrard, Aykler/Urban Fabric, 3s TH)

any update on this project? I drive past here from time to time but progress is slow if not stalled, it seems?

I considered this project a few years ago - the price was good, good layouts, good location, however when I called the seller, I didn't get an answer back. That should've been a sign!

I live around the corner from it, and it's suddenly come to life. The foundation has been poured now, and there's an active crew on site. I thought it was abandoned, since it sat for so long with nothing happening.

Yeah... I'm in that 'hood all the time and until very recently it was in stasis. Very excited to see it happening now though. Should help bring some animation to that stretch of Gerrard and create a link with the increased/changing business presence happening directly eastward.

No, I meant the construction project itself. Gerrard closer to Coxwell is doing just fine, with more in store in the coming months. Not so much new building so much as new businesses.

Reading those comments I get the impression precious few of them are familiar with the area at all. But there's plenty of pissing and projecting going on. The internet, ever churning out its glorious works.

Although I do understand the scornful scepticism over the silly "East Village" branding. Marketing at its finest.

18 months later bump.

Through a very dirty Gerrard St streetcar this afternoon

QvWeoYZ.jpg

0TRHNZA.jpg

The facades are boring and forgettable. The fine details were poorly handled. Air conditioners along the sidewalk cheapen the public realm; the use of utilitarian blocks and siding on the side facades suggests that the builder was stingy; and clean white doors against a brown facade suggest a lack of design sense.

Good news is the entrance doors didn't turn out white.

Bad news is when you open them, water from a roof terrace will fall all over you.

2ry2990.jpg

Back