News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 458     0 

Earthquakes 2010 and 2011!

Last year we annoyed Ottawans with the "I survived the Toronto Quake" t-shirts.

So this year we can tick off the Americans :D

I felt it too on the 24th floor. It only took me a second to figure out what was happening then it stopped for a few seconds and then continued. Made my heart race for a bit, it's a little unsettling.

I felt it too on the 24th floor. It only took me a second to figure out what was happening then it stopped for a few seconds and then continued. Made my heart race for a bit, it's a little unsettling.

yeah word.... the first sway(s) happened for like 2-3 seconds (i instantly knew what it was, cause i'm pro ;p), then it stopped for like 3 more seconds, then started up again for the next 10-15 seconds... this one felt way longer than the one last year,... i got pretty dizzy too, waiting for it to stop, but it kept going... even now, i feel a little dizzy, and can't tell if the ground is still moving, or i'm subconsciously moving the wheels on my chair lol!

i can't imagine how freaked out NYC is!!!

Pets always notice it ....NOT....I have three...not a peep! I was home and didn't feel a thing, though I have felt them in Toronto. I had a friend call me from Yorkville who lives two floors higher than I ...he totally felt it...called me to ask if there'd been a quake. I live in a loft bldg in Roncesvalles....so I'm on the second floor, but over 30 feet from the ground....he's on the fifth of a modern highrise in Yorkville....maybe it has to do with being closer to a ravine or something else.

Concierge in our building didn't feel it, I didn't feel it, but Amsterdam Brewery which is very close did. People I know who were underground at MLS didn't feel it.

Get ready people this is all due to approaching "comet" ELEnin. There will be more and stronger in the next few months.

Get ready people this is all due to approaching "comet" ELEnin. There will be more and stronger in the next few months.
Oh, that's a new one ... looking at it's Wikipedia page. How on earth could a comet cause an earthquake? If it came within lunar orbit, maybe ... but as far as I understand, it's going to pass about the same distance as the planet Venus.

A passing 747 would have more impact ... (which is to say ... none).

Wait.... don't you mean the Brown Dwarf star? yeah... its just lurking between Mars and Jupiter ready to strike... :rolleyes:

Back