News   Sep 18, 2024
 163     0 
News   Sep 18, 2024
 400     1 
News   Sep 17, 2024
 1.5K     1 

Durham Region Transit / Pulse

I'll be frank, I was expecting a whole lot more than this........ I assume/hope, that there will be another round of improvements this fall.

I’m frankly disappointed, especially with the documents from the last TEC meeting suggesting the fall service changes would be much more than this. Hopefully something comes along later in the fall or January
Is the disconnect due to waiting for the replacement busses destroyed by the fire? I was assuming that DRT was constrained in offering service due to the lack of busses from the fire.

Is the disconnect due to waiting for the replacement busses destroyed by the fire? I was assuming that DRT was constrained in offering service due to the lack of busses from the fire.
Fifteen new buses were just delivered and entered service. These were ordered as replacements for the destroyed buses. Six electric buses are being delivered. Seven more diesel buses are supposed to come in. The leased buses are still here, and three buses have been bought from Barrie. Seems like they have quite a few buses at their disposal. But I’m not a planner, so I don’t know if this is enough for even better service.

Fifteen new buses were just delivered and entered service. These were ordered as replacements for the destroyed buses. Six electric buses are being delivered. Seven more diesel buses are supposed to come in. The leased buses are still here, and three buses have been bought from Barrie. Seems like they have quite a few buses at their disposal. But I’m not a planner, so I don’t know if this is enough for even better service.

If, as it seems, there are enough vehicles to sustain current peak-service, there are more than likely vehicles available to bolster off-peak service.

Peak service might be more constrained.

I was playing around with the Transit App, when I stumbled upon this:

IMG_5592.png

This new Route 306 runs up Cochrane, then Rossland and then turns down Des Newman and loops back to the GO station. It seems to run during rush-hour only. It wasn’t in the list of September service changes, does anyone have any info about this?

idk any thing about this route but the way the route is set up
I was playing around with the Transit App, when I stumbled upon this:

View attachment 589653

This new Route 306 runs up Cochrane, then Rossland and then turns down Des Newman and loops back to the GO station. It seems to run during rush-hour only. It wasn’t in the list of September service changes, does anyone have any info about this?

kinda reminded me of the 409 2022 routing

September Service Changes have been posted, here:
I'll be frank, I was expecting a whole lot more than this........ I assume/hope, that there will be another round of improvements this fall.
The latest exec committee agenda indicate why:

1725080885255.png

In addition (to the battery bus conversation), DRT is having a hard time getting responses from Infrastructure Canada re: helping fund their 2023 budget items on battery/electric buses/infra:
1725081553505.png

Last tidbit that I found interesting...the real time bus information for DRT is provided over 3G cellular which is being decommissioned in 2025 (Rogers). They are looking to update the devices by September to prevent service disruptions.

The latest exec committee agenda indicate why:

View attachment 592605

In addition (to the battery bus conversation), DRT is having a hard time getting responses from Infrastructure Canada re: helping fund their 2023 budget items on battery/electric buses/infra:View attachment 592606

Last tidbit that I found interesting...the real time bus information for DRT is provided over 3G cellular which is being decommissioned in 2025 (Rogers). They are looking to update the devices by September to prevent service disruptions.

Glad to hear the service changes are a result of staffing issues and not a funding issue.

Back