News   Jul 15, 2024
 479     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 635     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 578     0 

Dufferin & Eglinton

If I were you, I would move to a better area, this is for welfare people, or low class area.... Not one of the greatest... I have been living in the area for almost 20 years, before I moved, now I am living in scarborough. its much better then eglinton and dufferin..

Scarborough? Wasn't that where two died and 23 were wounded in a shooting last year? Much better?

Actually, that can happen anywhere.

Yes the comment is quite ridiculous. By 2020 Dufferin and Eglinton will be walking distance from 4 LRT stops (Caledonia, Dufferin, Oakwood, Eglinton west) 1 Subway stop (Eglinton West) a potential Go train stop (Caledonia/Barrie line) and will see countless redevelopment starting with The Hub condo. Someone moved at the WRONG time.

Right now it is a bit like Parkdale was a decade ago - a mixture of appearing and actually being sketchy/dangerous but with pleasant residential streets, plenty of hidden gems (Raps, Rebozos, Costa Verde) and lots of potential.

This entire end of the city, in fact, is full of untapped potential, from Eglinton West Subway to Eglinton and Caledonia, and south to St. Clair. The main streets have a relatively dense streetscape that encourages pedestrian activity, not just on Eglinton, but also on Rogers Rd., Oakwood, and Vaughan.

The area also has a lot of industrial space. The Castleview design district is close enough to be considered part of the neighborhood and when I go up there I am constantly amazed by the variety businesses operating there just a short walk from Eglinton. But also between Weston Road and Caledonia south of Eglinton there is a lot of industrial space that will likely be converted to artists studio space and condos as the spaces south of there are taken over.

I think it's a pretty interesting part of the city, and is an affordable place to live for now. I also think it will be transformed in the next 20 years, partly because of the LRT, but also as a natural evolution.

This neighbourhood was profiled recently on CTV with the label Toronto's Best Kept Secret.

Thanks for posting. It's not just the LRT, but also the direct subway to downtown (Eglinton West station on the Spadina line) that I think add a lot of value to this area.

The retail strip is has the structure people want, small shops right up to a walkable street.

Back