News   Jul 04, 2024
 439     0 
News   Jul 03, 2024
 986     0 

downtown pricing help

EXgeMMy

Member Bio
Reaction score
Do you guys think it'll be possible to get a 1bedroom + den +parking/locker for $320-300K downtown?

If so any suggestions of where? seems like new construction is out of the question since you gotta pay for parking extra.

I've checked MLS but seems like my options are limited.

Last edited:
i thought you bought a place already?

anyhow, what size of 1 bed + d are you looking at b/c things have changed alot in terms of what RE developers are now marketing vs. 5 years ago vs. 10 years ago, etc.

city place is reasonable priced, although I am not sure that is your area of choice. Liberty village, like the DNA condos maybe

I ended up pulling out of West Harbour City. Felt the location was a bit far.

I'm not a big fan of CityPlace but do admit prices are not bad.

We prefer to be closer to Yonge.

Size was 650-750sq ft would be nice.

Yes I noticed my selection is very limited for the core.

The half decent stuff is going for closer to $350K, which I understand is market value but I don't know if I want to pay such a high premium just to be dowtown.

It's my future wife who really wants to be downtown.

I'm looking mainly at re-sale now as we would like to move in sooner than later.

There's some older buildings on the east side that have what you want in your price range. 77 Maitland Pl has 2 beds/2 baths, ~750sqft for around 300k, and parking is 75/month to rent. 412 Jarvis is similarly priced, as is 30 Gloucester and 100 Homewood

Well, first I think that you might have to talk to the wife and figure out what area both suits your lifestyle and the future offspring, becuase there are some really decent areas that would accomodate your needs. Downtown or uptown?

Which one best suits your lifestyle?

I know a friend of mine bought a condo at young and summerhill 1000 sqf for 350 000, neede a little bit of work but the unit was made over very nicely.

Those older buildings can be an option if you don't mind boring architecture.....but great area!

yeah I totally need to talk to the wife again.

I want to be around yonge/sheppard-finch as it addresses all of our needs/wants but adds 15mins commute time where she currently resides (davisville)

Commute time is her #1 priority and currently I don't feel like it's worth giving up so much stuff just be downtown.

how about etobicoke, near the islington or kipling subway station. There are reasonably priced homes and its near downtown, and close to an abundant of ammenities

how about etobicoke, near the islington or kipling subway station. There are reasonably priced homes and its near downtown, and close to an abundant of ammenities

true, but it doesn't have that city vibe that North York has.

South Etobicoke--Lakeshore strip in New Toronto and Mimico feels very much like a city. Reminds me of St Clair meets Mount Pleasant meets Parkdale.

Why not buy an old bungalow in the numbered streets area?

Or, if you gotta be close to Yonge--check out Regent Park area.

Or, if you gotta be close to Yonge--check out Regent Park area.

That is very good advice! Actually, anywhere directly east of Yonge will definitely turn into a good investment in the coming years. It's inevitable. Especially with the Distillery picking up, that's just going to spill northward.

Back