News   Apr 23, 2024
 335     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 931     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 502     0 

Downtown Markham

Hi folks, nice to get so much valuable info from this thread, can I look for some advice? I own a 1+1 condo in one of the very first 4 Remington buildings in Downtown Markham, my tenant is moving out now, I was planning to sell it. But seeing all the wonderful dev plans here, I start debating, should I look for new tenant? My concern is given more and more units being available, the future rent/sell will be harder, I already feel it comparing with my last attempt to rent the unit 1 year and a half ago. How much should I anticipate the price to go up if I continue renting it, does it worth to keep the unit? I know it's a silly question. But really looking for some advice. Thank you!

Last edited:
Render of the proposed solar-powered carousel:

N2mS0S7.png

And a video detailing the construction/design process for the new sales centre:

[video=youtube;J8kt0wCY6EI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8kt0wCY6EI[/video]

Drove through downtown Markham today... it's not there.

I Just can't wait for the Cineplex to open. When that opens, there will be a reason to go there, and people might finally start considering it a sort of "downtown". even if it is just 1 building at first.

I suspect it's the width of the roadways and the greenspace between building and street. Verclaire Gate (the road facing the Verdale trio) is at least as wide as 3 lanes per direction and the residential streets within the development are 2. Narrower ROWs would've worked much better here.

Once I see grass along the street, I think of North York and Scarborough, not downtown. That's a huge mistake, if you want to create a truly urban district.

the grass is along the northern portion that faces a park. The ones currently under construction will have retail at the base, (Not your typical subway and nail salon either, stuff like Aroma expresso will be going in) and no grass out front, but rather patios and nice wide sidewalks.

the buildings with grass in front of them are the beige buildings on the south side of verclaire gate in this:

MasterPlan_PressRoom_final.jpg

note that all buildings in yellow will have retail, and the western beige portion is the only part that is complete so far. admittingly this image is out of date, but the current plan follows this generally. the only portion of the downtown that doesn't have retail is the portion that is finished, so it will get better.

Last edited:
A more recent plan below with even more retail. I wonder what the larger format retail will include? I would guess a grocery store, a Target or maybe an Ikea.

dm2.jpg

Back