Downtown Condos (Parallax) - Real Estate -

Ive been looking into this Condo.

I really like the area, however lke others have said, I feel that the incorporation of "bar wellington" into this project is not as seemless as it could have been. It leaves bar wellington look as though it was a after thought even though it has been in that location for a century.

I think that being able to combine units to make larger ones is a great idea. The dividing walls are said to be steel stud with a soundproofing blanket and drywall. Not sure how the drywall will be fastened as I know this will play a large part in the acoustics/soundproofing.

Overall, my opinion is that it is a great location, a low manintenance/ with a chic look building. Curious to see how finishes will turn out.

whats everyones opinion on the investment oportunity with this building? Im looking at a 540ft2 unit wit no parking, 1 storage unit, 3rd floor facing north. Im settling on the north/low exposure because of the location.

Any input will be appreciated.

Ive been looking into this Condo.

I really like the area, however lke others have said, I feel that the incorporation of "bar wellington" into this project is not as seemless as it could have been. It leaves bar wellington look as though it was a after thought even though it has been in that location for a century.

I think that being able to combine units to make larger ones is a great idea. The dividing walls are said to be steel stud with a soundproofing blanket and drywall. Not sure how the drywall will be fastened as I know this will play a large part in the acoustics/soundproofing.

Overall, my opinion is that it is a great location, a low manintenance/ with a chic look building. Curious to see how finishes will turn out.

whats everyones opinion on the investment oportunity with this building? Im looking at a 540ft2 unit wit no parking, 1 storage unit, 3rd floor facing north. Im settling on the north/low exposure because of the location.

Any input will be appreciated.

Obviously, the street is good. However, sleeping at night on the third floor to the north may be a tad troublesome if you are a light sleeper as there is lots of action at 2am on party nights on the streets.

Bar Wellington really couldn't be incorporated into anything. What could happen down the road is that the land/building is sold to someone with other land on the street, and the whole building is moved in a more appropriate location with better integration in some sort of planning deal. That won't happen for a long time!

How do you feel about the potential return for Investment purposes for this building in about 5 years? I know if you ask 10 different ppl this question you'll get different answers. Just curious

Finishes

Just did a walkthrough of a unit on the north side of the building. Finishes look good. Met my expectations.

Photos!!
Did they end up putting the services in the floor like they were intending to do so that you could change layouts in the future, or is just a typical normal condo design?

I am interested in how the residents will like (or dislike) the raised bathrooms and parts of the unit to allow for future reconfiguration and combination of units. I am highly skeptical of this concept as it will be rarely be taken advantage of -- it's more of a marketing gimmick. The idea of walking up a few steps to get to the bathroom in the middle of the night is not ideal for what its worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all, I'm a new tenant in the building and have a question about the HVAC.
We are in a unit with two separate thermostats and wall-units/zones. We have noticed that compared to our previous condo with a standard central air/fan coil unit, the HVAC appears to incorporate compressors and is much louder than the previous one. Based on our first Electricity bill, it appears that heating and cooling may not be included as part of condo fees (the electricity bill was enormous; approx 4x what we used previously in kWh).

Could someone with knowledge of the HVAC and condo fees in the building please shed some light on the system, and which components of it are covered by the tenant, and which components are covered by condo fees?

Back