News   Mar 28, 2024
 984     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 554     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 847     0 

Don't like Toronto Condo Names? Your chance to name one, and win $5,000!

iSlutsky

Chit-Chatter
Member Bio
Reaction score
Over the years, I have seen a few threads on Urban Toronto about how terrible some condo names are. In fact, I have started one or two of the threads.

If you are one of the people who thinks that there are too many poorly named condos, now is your chance to show everyone what you've got.

NAME THIS CONDO ------> HERE.
CONTEST WEBSITE -------> HERE.

Excerpt from BuzzBuzzHome's Blog posting "Downtown Developers want you to name their new condo, and will give you $5,000 for it!"

...It seems pretty simple; go to the site, check out the contest brief and enter your idea. There's a public vote to come up with the top 10 entries that will then be put to a jury of representatives from the developers and their key consultants to come up with the overall winner.

iPads are on offer for 2nd and 3rd place too so the incentive to enter is almost certainly there!

The onus is on the entrant to spread the word and get votes via their social networks which is clever of Cityzen as it gives them a great presence in the online social media world.

Kudos too for having such a publicly engaging contest for what at the end of the day, is an integral part of any new condo development....

Okay.. The best of the best has just been submitted.. by me! Please come vote for: THE MARKET QUARTERS

Vote ----> here

Rational?
St. Lawrence Market, in the area where this condo is to be built, is synonymous with the large retail vendor market which is the neighbourhood's focal point.

"District" is overdone with condo names, but what about "quarters"? Both in terms of location and living-space.

Very lame marketing strategy. A sure sign the market is dying--they're probably fishing for email addresses to hit up for marketing purposes.

Shark condos? As in Loan Shark? That's the image I get.

Tridel did a name the condo contest 4 years ago for their "The Republic of Yonge and Eglinton" project. I dont believe the market was dead or dying at that point.

Back