News   Jul 12, 2024
 960     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 838     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 342     0 

Does anyone recommend buying a condo at CityPlace?

if you want path connection, it's going to cost you. There's a few downtown but they're expensive. MLS, Ice, L Tower, Aura, College Park.

I thought they were only planning to have PATH ultimately connect to College Park and Aura (not yet built).

I always thought the PATH system currently ends at Bay/Dundas - Atrium on Bay. I didn't think it went further north to College Park.

If I'm wrong, I'd like to go through the section. Please let me know how to enter that section.

I thought they were only planning to have PATH ultimately connect to College Park and Aura (not yet built).

I always thought the PATH system currently ends at Bay/Dundas - Atrium on Bay. I didn't think it went further north to College Park.

If I'm wrong, I'd like to go through the section. Please let me know how to enter that section.

You're right. Currently it ends at Bay and Dundas. However College Park is connected to the subway and I think they'll eventually connect to the rest of the Path when Aura is built? Well, I guess I could be wrong and they won't extend it so far. More development is probably needed before it's created.

I guess there's always the other buildings then. Pretty pricey ones at that. Maybe he/she would prefer to take over an assignment from L tower owners who want out? ^^; It seems some people who bought in don't want to keep it anymore and are selling at original price to get out.

Any thoughts? I heard they don't have enough elevators in one of the buildings, I forget which one. Besides that though, just in general, was curious to know the thoughts out there on which building is the best.

I haven't been in all Cityplace buildings, but I would specifically advise against any units in Montage ... major issues with insufficient # of elevators in proportion with the # of units in the lower half of the tower ... and the hallways look like a rental apartment building (7' ceilings, white blank hallway walls, only a silver plate on each suite door showing the unit # with no design element of any sort) :(

Greetings,

I've been lurking around this forum for the past while now and only starting to post now. Its a great site, with an overwhelming amount of info available at my discretion!

I just purchased a unit at Cityplace Panorama. And only stumbled upon the www.badcondo.com link posted by luxome.

For the most part it appears all the complaints are directed towards 5 Mariner terrace and the last post I've seen is from 2007. Anybody at cityplace currently have more horror stories to contribute since then?

I am hoping that they have atleast cleaned up a little withing that past 2-3 years? Reviewing some of those complaints on that site has made me a little uneasy about my purchase.

Anybody else have any thoughts/stories they'd like to share positive or negative? (hopefully not the latter)

Thanks,
S.

I think it would be hard to find the perfect condo. And as you live in condos, you learn what to look for through experience. Faults can always be found depending on major or minor. It's the major issues that should you should be careful of. For instance the elevator issue if there's not enough. I also don't like small elevators too (Infinity). I think maybe Montage elevator issue might be solvable? If the reason why there's not enough elevators is because it skips floors. If it's blocked out only, they can make them go all floors. However, if it's built so it only goes up to a specific height, then that will be an issue.

It's hard to say how Panorama will turn out. I haven't looked at the building layout clearly. The only negative feeling I have about panorama is that it's like an isolated child. It's a single building standing alone so there's not many facilities. If there were, maintenance would be high because it's not shared. Also parking is limited. The small plot of land might make driving in the parking area hard to navigate. The only plus I can think of is having a Loblaws nearby in a few years and you have unobstructed west and south views.

Last edited:
Great to know about Element.

Does CityPlace offer a lot of visitor parking? That's the impression I'm getting.

Which building is the best to purchase in? There are so many to choose from, I have no idea where to start.

Any thoughts? I heard they don't have enough elevators in one of the buildings, I forget which one. Besides that though, just in general, was curious to know the thoughts out there on which building is the best.

I live in Cityplace.
I'm not an agent but have been in every single building because I looked to purchase/rent and also do virtual tours for clients.

I just finished shooting a virtul tour and helping out with a writeup to the Harbour View Estates. You can find it here

I'll try to answer most of your questions

- best building is 85 Navy Wharf
- there is never enough visitor parking because the system is antiquated
- any unit facing spadina hears the street. anything on the other side is fine
- overall noise is loud. open your window and you hear the highway
- residents themselves make too much noise, drunk off their asses on the weekends or fighting
- winters are fine. it's no harsher than anywhere else downtown
- there is sort of a path connection on the other side of the skydome
- if it wasn't for the scale and exposure of the project, values would've sunk a long time ago, but it's so well-known, prices will remain at par with other condos in the area, even though it doesn't represent the best value.
- recent events at Cityplace: shootings, assults, stolen motorcycles, prostitution, and of course, the City's largest drug bust in years.
- despite the really scary things that have gone on, the authorities keep a tight lid on it, not really affecting the safety of the residents.

I can list off dozens of alternatives, but I need to know more about your needs. I do a lot of VR tours and been inside most downtown condos. If you need a pool, I would suggest Pinnacle, 18 Yonge, Waterclub, or Harbour Square.

I've done this long enough to know agents get a bad rap and you should hire an agent if you don't already have one. I only trust two: David Young at Sutton 416-236-0942, and Anthony Rapallo who's running a special right now and will give you 1% cashback on a condo purchase.

CityPlace

I am a Realtor and my take is that the newer the building in CityPlace, the better they get on all aspects of construction, design, engineering, value and usability. I really love the new Montage/NEO, and looking forward to Luna and Parade.

Montage has set itself apart from all the other buldings (N/West and Harbour View/81/Front st) as the design, finishes and amenities are a step above and easily compete with the newest bldgs in town such as Maple Leaf, Murano, Casa, etc.

My investors and I also found that value-wise Montage/NEO returns are excellent, they are easy to lease and most floorplans are very good.

The management company needs a bit of... well... management experience. They seem to be doing their best yet are very young and not experienced in dealing with the amounts of clients they have. Lets hope they catch up soon. All in all really like the project.

I am a Realtor and my take is that the newer the building in CityPlace, the better they get on all aspects of construction, design, engineering, value and usability. I really love the new Montage/NEO, and looking forward to Luna and Parade.

Montage has set itself apart from all the other buldings (N/West and Harbour View/81/Front st) as the design, finishes and amenities are a step above and easily compete with the newest bldgs in town such as Maple Leaf, Murano, Casa, etc.

My investors and I also found that value-wise Montage/NEO returns are excellent, they are easy to lease and most floorplans are very good.

The management company needs a bit of... well... management experience. They seem to be doing their best yet are very young and not experienced in dealing with the amounts of clients they have. Lets hope they catch up soon. All in all really like the project.

Yossi, I really value your insight on this board, you obviously know your stuff and its nice of you to contribute to the board when I'm sure your business is so busy! I wanted to ask you about your insight on Concord Park Place. I've recently put in a deposit on a unit there and was a little disappointed to read all the negative posts regarding City Place. Have you heard anything about Park Place? Thanks again, I enjoy reading your posts.

- there is never enough visitor parking because the system is antiquated
- overall noise is loud. open your window and you hear the highway
- residents themselves make too much noise, drunk off their asses on the weekends or fighting
- recent events at Cityplace: shootings, assults, stolen motorcycles, prostitution, and of course, the City's largest drug bust in years.

I can list off dozens of alternatives, but I need to know more about your needs. I do a lot of VR tours and been inside most downtown condos. If you need a pool, I would suggest Pinnacle, 18 Yonge, Waterclub, or Harbour Square.

Are you trying to say the ones listed have zero crimes, have never had lack of visitor parking issues, no drunks at all and are very quiet? I find it hard to believe. Pinnacle, waterclub, 18 yonge are all by the highway. But it's only loud at CP and not anywhere else?

Are you trying to say the ones listed have zero crimes, have never had lack of visitor parking issues, no drunks at all and are very quiet? I find it hard to believe. Pinnacle, waterclub, 18 yonge are all by the highway. But it's only loud at CP and not anywhere else?

Whoah. I apologize if my post left such an impression. Re-reading my post, I don't see where I implied only Cityplace experienced such problems. The thread starter asked about Cityplace so I just mentioned aspects of Cityplace. You are absolutely right that some of the negatives can be applied to the other projects.

It's ok if you disagree with my opinion. I think the other projects have FEWER problems and I prefer them over Cityplace. I can list off the other project's negatives too:

Waterclub - cop surveillance because of the gambling den/ring operated out of one of the penthouse suites. Residents stealing common furniture, swimming drunk in the pool and breaking bottles in the water, etc.
Pinnacle - home to a few Nigerian scammers
18 yonge - good place for prostitutes

when to believe and when to ignore internet posts

Yossi, I really value your insight on this board, you obviously know your stuff and its nice of you to contribute to the board when I'm sure your business is so busy! I wanted to ask you about your insight on Concord Park Place. I've recently put in a deposit on a unit there and was a little disappointed to read all the negative posts regarding City Place. Have you heard anything about Park Place? Thanks again, I enjoy reading your posts.

Thanks. You did not quantify what exactly bothers you so I will give a very generic answer:

I've seen Concord's work in HK, Van and TO and it's all good. What I will say in that the NY area still has a lot of growth ahead of it, and b/c there is a lot of land available, prices should be relatively cheaper then downtown while assuming similar product.

My point of view is to take all posts with a grain (or large sack) of salt. Unless they are credible sources that are putting their real name down next to their comments (either neg or positive), I wouldn't pay too much attention... the internet is full of anonymous "writers" but who knows who they are and what is their real motives...

Thanks. You did not quantify what exactly bothers you so I will give a very generic answer:

I've seen Concord's work in HK, Van and TO and it's all good. What I will say in that the NY area still has a lot of growth ahead of it, and b/c there is a lot of land available, prices should be relatively cheaper then downtown while assuming similar product.

My point of view is to take all posts with a grain (or large sack) of salt. Unless they are credible sources that are putting their real name down next to their comments (either neg or positive), I wouldn't pay too much attention... the internet is full of anonymous "writers" but who knows who they are and what is their real motives...

You are correct in that you can't believe what you read. But apparently there is this website www.badcondo.com that is DEVOTED to complaints against Cityplace and people calling it "shittyplace". How a development can get such a bad rep I do not know. From security to shoddy building materials to poor management, there seems to be a lot of complaints.

From what I heard about Cityplace when the news first came out there was a LOT of excitement because of the HK billionaire Li Ka Shing because everything he touched turned to gold. Now that he has sold Concord Adex, I wonder if the new owners have a different philosophy to building, I mean turning everything into cookie cutter units for the sake of sales. I would be interested to know in your professional circles what the reputation of Concord Adex is now because you are at the ground floor with the customers and how satisfied they are about their purchases.

Back