Discovery Condos (Concord Park Place) - Real Estate -

not a killing if you factor in capital gain taxes,land transfer,lawyers,closing cost,agent fees.....but still a profit.

No capital gains as this is my primary residence, but the other stuff does add up. Also, no agent fees as my father is an agent, and the builder cooperated with brokers, so he actually got about $9k in commission which he just gave back to us (minus taxes, etc.).

I have an unit in building B. Got my PDI package but still waiting the call to make an appointment for the PDI date. Has anyone done PDI in building B yet? Anyone know the move in date for building B? Is it the same as building A Dec 8?

So when are the first occupancies for any building in Park Place....October? The good news is your buildings will likely register very quickly, meaning little to no interim occupancy fees. All the amenities should be done and ready to use as well which is a big plus.

Hi Professor,

What are the usual factors that play a role in a quick registration of a complex? I thought one of the aspects is waiting till everyone is moved in even on the top floors which could be as far as late April or May.

CasssiusX ... condo registration has nothing to do with building occupancy %, that is all crap that sales people/builder tell you, condo registration process is something that the City Planning Department administers, standard conditions for condo registration are:

- signoff from project architect that the building is "substantially" completed in accordance to the plans
- signoff from project engineer that the building is "substantially" completed in accordance to the plans
- signoff from project landscape architect that the building is "substantially" completed in accordance to the plans

From a builder's perspective, if a building is not completely (or near) sold out they would not be in much a rush to register the condo because they would then have a carry a mortgage on any unsold units after the building is registered (more operating cost for them)

Anyone who went through PDI notice anything different with the amenities, floor plans, appliances that look different from the web site and pictures from the brochures/specs?

BTW, Discovery's buddy, the Leslie Boutique Residences, where is THEIR sales office and what customers are they catering to because I don't see much marketing for that project. To me it's been very hush hush or are they selling to some "special" people?

Last edited:
Anyone who went through PDI notice anything different with the amenities, floor plans, appliances that look different from the web site and pictures from the brochures/specs?

BTW, Discovery's buddy, the Leslie Boutique Residences, where is THEIR sales office and what customers are they catering to because I don't see much marketing for that project. To me it's been very hush hush or are they selling to some "special" people?

perhaps the wealthy doctors working at north york general?

I'd be interested to know about the appliances and the quality of the materials as well. The pics that tekguy took don't seem to resemble either the pictures in the brochure nor the layout in the show room, although its been admittedly a long time since I've gone there. Also I cannot recall, some units have upgrades to the black diamond scheme along with pantry and extension to the kitchen island but I'm not sure which units needed to pay. I think the townhomes had the upgrades automatically.

The Leslie Boutique Residences are being sold out of Great Lands old sales office for Monet/Mona Lisa condos southeast of Yonge and Finch (southeast of Doris & Holmes to be exact) ... they have done very minimal advertising but seem to be doing well so I guess it is working ~

The Leslie Boutique Residences are being sold out of Great Lands old sales office for Monet/Mona Lisa condos southeast of Yonge and Finch (southeast of Doris & Holmes to be exact) ... they have done very minimal advertising but seem to be doing well so I guess it is working ~

Thanks Solaris, you're definitely one of the Urban Toronto gurus of real estate on this site!

Last edited:
I'm thinking of assigning my unit, I have unit 8 on a high floor with parking and locker. Anyone know how much this would go for?

Back