News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 498     1 

Despite what Ford says The Streetcar in Toronto is here to stay.

Washington also has about 170 km subway network with an additional 40 km planned. What does Toronto have planned? the Spadina and Richmond Hill extensions?
We're only sure about Spadina. Everything else is up in the air.

Why should we care how many kilometres of subway Washingto DC has planned? It's not a penis measuring contest.
How is that different from someone else in this thread pointing out that "so many North American cities (are) installing streetcars"?

How is that different from someone else in this thread pointing out that "so many North American cities (are) installing streetcars"?

Because many North American cities are installing streetcars. Washington's metro was a plan concieved in the 60's, and cthe system was completed in 2001. Toronto cannot seem to stick to one plan.

^ Not really. Comparing subway network length is analogous to 'dick measuring'. Observing that other NA cities are adding streetcars/trams, and Ford is suggesting removing ours?...well, there's no dick being measured there, just the observation of a trend.

^ Not really. Comparing subway network length is analogous to 'dick measuring'. Observing that other NA cities are adding streetcars/trams, and Ford is suggesting removing ours?...well, there's no dick being measured there, just the observation of a trend.

Even Montréal is adding tramways (as they call them). See this link, if you can read French.

^ You missed the point.

Not at all. You think it's OK to say Toronto should have a system like Washington's when you do not consider Washington had a plan, and stuck with it. Show me a transit plan Toronto saw to completion. Hell you are fighting the latest plan.

At least they are not trying to replace subway line with trams.
At least subway expension is still a priority

Their doing both, not one over the other

The Sheppard Subway was never going to extended. It kept slipping on the priority list. You'd have a hard time trying to convince people the Sheppard Subway is more important than the DRL.

The Sheppard Subway was never going to extended. It kept slipping on the priority list. You'd have a hard time trying to convince people the Sheppard Subway is more important than the DRL.

Nobody never assumed that.
Still doest justify putting a streetcar on Sheppard East.

What do you mean Sheppard was never going to get extended? Up until Miller decided to scrap RTES, Sheppard was on the list.

Nobody never assumed that.
Still doest justify putting a streetcar on Sheppard East.

What do you mean Sheppard was never going to get extended? Up until Miller decided to scrap RTES, Sheppard was on the list.

Miiller tried to get the Sheppard extended, and the Feds, and Province pushed Spadina extension instead.
The RTES is not a bible, you know.

I do not see Transit City as the ultimate answer to Toronto's transport issues. But it is a sensible plan and will help to improve transit in the city. You think the RTES, and ultimately the Sheppard Subway is going to solve everything, and are willing to stagnate transit expansion for a few decades to see one subway line built. I am not calling for the cancellation of the Spadina extension, and I want to see the DRL built. You and others waste so much time, and energy on the Sheppard Subway, it is becoming comical at times.

Anyways, had this debate too many times. Finish the SELRT, and get the funded parts of TC completed, and work on the DRL, that my lat comment on this issue!

Last edited:
Anyways, had this debate too many times. Finish the SELRT, and get the funded parts of TC completed, and work on the DRL, that my lat comment on this issue!

I certainly hope so.

That said, I look forward to working with Save Our Sheppard to push the completion of the Sheppard Subway.

Back