News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 391     0 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

Your non-stop parade of factually incorrect statements never cease to amaze me,

The previous design for Kennedy Station absolutely did allow for through running from the Crosstown to both the SLRT and EELRT.

And even when you're shown clear proof that wasn't in the design you claim "would have been". Whether it was able to or not, it wasn't, and now is. The main point was there were many design flaws. This was one of them

The addition subway and Smarttrack rendered the SMLRT EA invalid (just like your rant) and this opportunity is being used to fix some of the previous glaring flaws to make the line supportable

Last edited:
Even with the much needed updates currently ongoing with the EELRT we are still losing 2 lanes of traffic. Atleast were now tunnelling Morningside Crossing. It's already quite congested in these corners and Durham just started it's rapid growth. Removimg 2 lanes with the LRT would have royally screwed up the area.
Can someone fact check this.. I don't believe it is true off hand.

The transfer at Kennedy was because the TTC felt the line was too long. That was not the provinces fault. But obviously that will not happen now.

This is easily remedied though. That's kind of what's missed in all of these discussions - relatively speaking, it's quite easy to make upgrades to an LRT line. The same isn't true at all for a 6km, 1 stop subway extension.

Last edited:
you can claim anything if you have no intention of building... you dont need to worry about whose paying... you just study, study, study, and delay, delay, delay. How many years does a premier last anyways? He could easily get reelected in 4 years with nothing done just as Tory is likely to get reelected with nothing done and then disclose the amount and cancel the whole thing.

This is easily remedied though. That's kind of what's missed in all of these discussions - relatively speaking, it's quite easy to make upgrades to an LRT line. The same isn't true at all for a 6km, 1 stop subway extension.
I mean on the crosstown, the line was initially broken up between Crosstown East and Crosstown. Now, crosstown east will be a through extension. If the Crosstown was all unground from Pearson to Kennedy, I would be fine with that, but since the middle part is above ground, it should be a through line to Malvern.

you can claim anything if you have no intention of building... you dont need to worry about whose paying... you just study, study, study, and delay, delay, delay. How many years does a premier last anyways? He could easily get reelected in 4 years with nothing done just as Tory is likely to get reelected with nothing done and then disclose the amount and cancel the whole thing.

Changing this to 3-stops will probably add at least 5 more years to the 'planning' stage the way things at going.

I mean on the crosstown, the line was initially broken up between Crosstown East and Crosstown. Now, crosstown east will be a through extension. If the Crosstown was all unground from Pearson to Kennedy, I would be fine with that, but since the middle part is above ground, it should be a through line to Malvern.

Oh I agree.

That's just not a terribly difficult change to make (and I believe it has been made for the Crosstown East).

Changing this to 3-stops will probably add at least 5 more years to the 'planning' stage the way things at going.

It will add a lot of time, that's for sure.

We're forgetting that we haven't seen the updated cost for the current plan, which will undoubtedly increase.

In at least a few ways, maintaining the promise of a subway has more political value than actually building one.

If construction isn't underway by the next election, all Ford has to do is blame the elites.

It will add a lot of time, that's for sure.

We're forgetting that we haven't seen the updated cost for the current plan, which will undoubtedly increase.

In at least a few ways, maintaining the promise of a subway has more political value than actually building one.

If construction isn't underway by the next election, all Ford has to do is blame the elites.

Adding the Lawrence stop into the design doesn't mean the current design has to stop or start over. It's actually a minor inconvenience to fix the line from the political gamesmanship that went on at council, not Fords fault. The main tunnel and SCC design still carries on. Sheppard could even be a separate design that gets added as an addendum or phase#2 project on its own.

Last edited:
Okay, Ford is claiming a three stop Scarborough subway will be built. Who's paying for that? Would it be a Metrolinx project?
Ford is going to contact the dwarfs who live in a golden subterranean city the size of Toronto located directly underneath the human-inhabited city of Toronto.

The dwarfs kept clamouring for more subways.

Only Ford and his supporters know about the dwarfs, especially given that the dwarfs refuse to be photographed and refuse to be wherever there is light.

time to wake up. This thing is not happening.

Woke up...

Doug Ford majority Premier, John Tory Mayor, 99% Scarborough politicians and all runner up leaders supporting the subway, RT still rotting away, and a UT poster claiming it won't be built

Yep. Definetly getting built

Last edited:

Back