News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 409     0 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

Rushed right now, I'll examine the rest later, but you're making things up.

I suggest you read the record as detailed by Pagliaro mostly through FOI. It's referenced diligently. There's been more to come out since Pagliaro's exposé. I have agreed many times in these strings that "Keesmaat compromised herself" bending to the pressure and constraint put on her by Tory especially. But better she quit later than not at all. She *did offer alternatives*...clearly.

I take it you don't like her, and have to construct a false itinerary?
Huh? That wasn't my point, not even close. You seem to mangle much in recollection.

My point is that *no-one* outside of the "Parliament of Canada" has control of the USRC, specifically that which is referred to in binding legal documents and SCC judgements based on them. "For the Good of Canada" is the key reference in many rulings. And that certainly includes the air-rights above that corridor.

The unfortunate part is Keesmaats decisions as planner seem to be as politically motivated as the a actual politicians elected to lead the City and she was supposed to be paid simply as a planner. She was receiving a suspiciously high volume of photo-ops and feel good articles well before her departure and very odd for a planner and it seemed like something was brewing politically long before the odd departure. She cycled into the Mayoral race at the last minute, but this was really no surprise to anyone following the build up by the Star and Pagliaro, who just happens to be ramping up her daily promotion since announcing.

Anyhow whatever her intentions were as planner whether good, bad, or ugly in proposing the worst possible solution for this subway line It doesn't matter as the Province will have the final say and so far its been "promise made, promise kept" so there's no reason not to expect anything else but a multi-stop subway and an end to any obstruction attempts against seamlessly connecting Scarborough Centre.

The unfortunate part is Keesmaats decisions as planner seem to be as politically motivated as the a actual politicians elected to lead the City and she was supposed to be paid simply as a planner.
Well reading what you and some others are writing, you'd damn her no matter what she did or didn't do. You forgot to mention the mole on her face too...

It was in her contract when she was hired (she ran a very successful company that had some fifty employees before being 'snared' by Tory) that she could still do private talks and participate in other planning organizations. That's why she was hired, because her reputation preceded her.

Odd how that works...
Before becoming the chief planner of Toronto, she had worked on master plans in Toronto, Vancouver, Mississauga, Vaughan, Regina, Saskatoon, Lethbridge, Moncton, London and Halifax.[11] Outside of Canada, she has worked in the United States, Ireland and Greece. Along with Harold Madi and Antonio Gomez-Palacio, Keesmaat is a founder of the planning and design firm Office for Urbanism. She is also a founding partner at DIALOG.[11] She writes articles on planning-related topics, including recent editorials in the Toronto Star on the importance of complete streets and Complete Communities,[12][13] and in The Globe and Mail on the need to change approaches to land use planning to ensure the liveability and sustainability of Canada's future communities.[14] She has guest lectured at Ryerson University, York University, and the University of Toronto.[15] She has also delivered the TEDx talks Own your City and Walk to School.[16]
[...]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jennifer_Keesmaat

Last edited:
Anyhow whatever her intentions were as planner whether good, bad, or ugly in proposing the worst possible solution for this subway line It doesn't matter as the Province will have the final say and so far its been "promise made, promise kept" so there's no reason not to expect anything else but a multi-stop subway and an end to any obstruction attempts against seamlessly connecting Scarborough Centre.
Ford Ford He's our man. If he cant do it no one can. Goooooo Ford!!!!

We need to give mayoral candidate Michael a chance to run on the SCC subway platform in 2026.
I don't know why Michael isn't running this time. He doesn't need a platform more complicated than subways subways subways, a few "folks" and "I'm a man of the people" to get votes. Jasmine will move to toronto just so She can vote.

Guys, this is not funny. Don't give him any ideas.
Dougie may open up the window to mayor candidate registration.

I don't know why Michael isn't running this time. He doesn't need a platform more complicated than subways subways subways, a few "folks" and "I'm a man of the people" to get votes. Jasmine will move to toronto just so She can vote.

With Michael as mayor and Doug as premier they'd run out of scapegoats; voters might expect them to deliver something and then they'd have to do some work.

With Michael as mayor and Doug as premier they'd run out of scapegoats and voters might expect them to deliver something.
No, votes won’t expect anything to be delivered unless a Ford has every ward in the city and every riding in the province, which can only happen if they get 50 hats.

With Michael as mayor and Doug as premier they'd run out of scapegoats and voters might expect them to deliver something.
I have family in north bay, stratford, kitchener, timmins, woodstock, Kingston these people just want low taxes and to hell with everything. The people in the cities would be the ones which suffer. Even those in the city simply want low taxes but what ever their pet project is shouldnt be touched. So a one stop subway but absolutely nothing else. For some people its a win. I think its completely insane. Kitchener is better off with its LRT. Stratford needs to be supported so that it can continue its Festival which makes the city run. Timmins and Woodstock I have nothing positive to say. Kingston I have no idea about. My family in Ottawa all vote Liberal or NDP but they work for the government.

Well reading what you and some others are writing, you'd damn her no matter what she did or didn't do. You forgot to mention the mole on her face too...

It was in her contract when she was hired (she ran a very successful company that had some fifty employees before being 'snared' by Tory) that she could still do private talks and participate in other planning organizations. That's why she was hired, because her reputation preceded her.

Odd how that works...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jennifer_Keesmaat

I only referenced her shady political dealings with the media and the sincerity of her decisions as a planner when she clearly was working to become a politician.

But as you mention she was also busy with other private activities during that time. Also noteworthy I guess.

There's high demand for it, folks. I was at a Pizza Pizza yesterday and everyone in line I spoke to said they're very interested in getting pizza as soon as possible.
Now we know why Little Caesars seized the moment when they opened up a location near Kennedy station.

Why? Pizza! Pizza!

It's also the closest Little Caesars to any existing subway station in Toronto. Scarborough has more Little Caesars than the rest of the city.

Back