News   Jun 19, 2024
 625     0 
News   Jun 19, 2024
 2.7K     4 
News   Jun 19, 2024
 628     0 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

Next ML Board meeting is two weeks away.
If the ML Board isn't getting this data point into the public part of the meeting, I don't know why we would have a Board at all. It's a critical metric for whether this project is still on track. Not just something that transit nerds wonder about. How is the Board meeting its resposibility to the public if it isn't transparent about the progress on billion-dollar projects ?

- Paul

Has anyone heard of any progress of the TBM? I recall last they ran into a snag before they were going to continuously dig under the 401...i presume this was already done given the length of time that has passed?
The plan was to reach the intervention shaft south of Brimorton dr late summer/early fall and fix the TBM. I wonder if that’s still on schedule. Hopefully it made it past the 401 without any snags.

But there is no mention. Another one to chalk up for Metrolinx's communication team, who seem more interested at protecting the image of the business versus being transparent and open to the public as a crown corp.
Nothing to do with the comms team, they're plebs like the rest of us. It's the call from higher ups and political masters.

Without transparency one cannot help but wildly speculate about the embarrassing reasons.

Colin Mochrie, having heard the reason, thinks it too ridiculous to be believable.

Back