News   Aug 07, 2024
 434     0 
News   Aug 07, 2024
 384     0 
News   Aug 07, 2024
 305     0 

Cycling: West Toronto Railpath (City of Toronto, Phase II Proposed)

The tender for the various bridges went out mid-July, and closes next week.

View attachment 585399
I think this is a separate bridge rehab project. The new bridges for the railpath extension will be over the Barrie Line, Lansdowne, and Brock, and they'll be brand new and purpose built.

I think this is a separate bridge rehab project. The new bridges for the railpath extension will be over the Barrie Line, Lansdowne, and Brock, and they'll be brand new and purpose built.
Queen as well, the Dufferin jog elimination project really only did half the work needed on the Queen Street Subway.

Posted last Thursday, on the previous page:

$75 million a kilometre for a bike path? Are they nuts?

See my comments at the above link.

The media should be making a frenzy over this.

We will not be able to realize an extensive bike network if we put up with insane costs like this.

Im just confused more than I am angry. How is it this expensive?

This might be the worst case of public overspending I have seen in this city.

The media should be making a frenzy over this.

We will not be able to realize an extensive bike network if we put up with insane costs like this.

Im just confused more than I am angry. How is it this expensive?

This might be the worst case of public overspending I have seen in this city.
Seems like a much better investment than spending 2 billions on the Gardiner

Seems like a much better investment than spending 2 billions on the Gardiner

No one is arguing against the project itself.......... its the amount of money the project is being stated as costing that is the problem. Mx has some explaining to do.

I hope they plan on using the finest quality gold on that asphalt to make that $75 million/km go far. Maybe they're planning on also giving us some diamond encrusted railings as well with that kind of insane spending.

Back