News   Jul 16, 2024
 335     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 444     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.2K     3 

Crosstown LRT - Wynford Stop (Metrolinx, ?s, IBI Group)

Viva Purple will be half hourly soon on certain sections, so not very frequent. Viva Yellow isn't that frequent either.

So what happens if the service is increased in the future. This is just a way to save money. No two ways about it.

I was in Chicago and it was cold as hell... The only thing that made waiting for the train bearable was heat lamps on the plateform. Will the Crosstown install them for all their outdoor stations?

I was in Chicago and it was cold as hell... The only thing that made waiting for the train bearable was heat lamps on the plateform. Will the Crosstown install them for all their outdoor stations?

The LRT will come fast enough so it's ok to stand there being cold.

6 minute frequencies are scheduled opening day on the surface bits.. so it's not exactly super frequent. Not a really long wait though either. Many of Chicago's subway lines run closer to 15 minutes off peak.

The LRT will come fast enough so it's ok to stand there being cold.

I disagree, even a 5 minutes wait at -15C was excruciating. It's a good investment to invest in those heater lights. Again, "fast enough" is a best case scenario as events can disrupt and slow down service.

6 minute frequencies are scheduled opening day on the surface bits.. so it's not exactly super frequent. Not a really long wait though either. Many of Chicago's subway lines run closer to 15 minutes off peak.

Usually around 10 minutes on average outside the loop. With our quieter LRT than heavy rail, still puzzled that elevated was never considered.

Reactions: BMO
Delays happen. There's nothing worse than waiting for a delayed transit vehicle outdoors on a cold January evening.
Don't forget we don't relly have anything to compare it too in Toronto yet. The outside portion of it will have wider spacing between stops then Spadina or St. Clair. Also hopefully the traffic lights will have less effect on it then the current streetcar rights of way.

does the ttc installl them on st clair?

does the ttc installl them on st clair?

or spadina, queens Quay or any other transit shelter the answer is no. If they had money they would probably look into it

Correct me if I'm wrong but Streetcar service falls in the same category as bus service/local service, so no heaters found in bus shelters either and I get it.

The LRT would be higher service like subways, I really don't see why heater lamps wouldn't be considered like Chicago does. Or are you involuntarily implying the outdoor portion of the LRT should be treated differently than the underground sections? Interesting...

Correct me if I'm wrong but Streetcar service falls in the same category as bus service/local service, so no heaters found in bus shelters either and I get it.

The LRT would be higher service like subways, I really don't see why heater lamps wouldn't be considered like Chicago does. Or are you involuntarily implying the outdoor portion of the LRT should be treated differently than the underground sections? Interesting...

In my opinion they should add heating at not only LRT surface stops, but also the outdoor subway stations that don't have warm waiting areas and bus & streetcar stops that are well used.

Just like the LED next bus signs they've installed at stops, they're an enhancement that make transit more attractive.

Back