News   Apr 26, 2024
 179     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 433     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.3K     4 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

What do the distress and vigilance buttons do?

The button positioning makes me visualize a driver using the distress button in a situation when someone is on the tracks, vigilance when someone may enter the tracks, and sand when they don't give a shit and just want people out of the way!

Heh. My guess is that Distress is the horn, and Vigilance is the ting-ting gong. But if someone knows for sure, I'd like to know too.

Heh. My guess is that Distress is the horn, and Vigilance is the ting-ting gong. But if someone knows for sure, I'd like to know too.

That's not nearly as exciting as I thought - but sounds like the correct answer. I forgot there are dings and honks.

I believe Vigilance is the proverbial 'dead man switch', operators have to push it periodically or the whole thing comes to a stop. Of course if that's the case then I'm surprised that they'd put it right beside the one marked distress...

apparently, they are supposed to open in September of 2021, at least that's what one of the people at the doors open event said.
The contract says they need to deliver by that time. Of course they know the timeline is very tight. That can't be any mistakes. ML will never reveal any problems till the very end. Crosslinx sued ML last year and ML paid them an undisclosed amount to keep the timeline. Let's see how that goes.

I heard from a YouTube called Dash DAT who found out that they will repaint the flexity freedom vehicles. The grey is only temporary.

The contract says they need to deliver by that time.
Good point!
[...]
But in a joint statement released Thursday night, Metrolinx, Crosslinx and Infrastructure Ontario said they had reached a settlement that “fairly addresses the challenges that (Crosslinx) has encountered” and ensures the project will be “delivered on time.”

The agreement, which was first reported by the Globe and Mail, will see Metrolinx dip into a contingency fund to compensate Crosslinx for what the transit agency describes as “reasonable” claims.

In an interview, Metrolinx president and CEO Phil Verster would not reveal how much was in the fund, but said about half of it would be used. He argued that because the contingency fund was built into the original project budget, the LRT costs have not increased as a result of the settlement.
[...]
Crosslinx, which is made up of industry heavyweights Aecon, ACS, EllisDon and SNC-Lavalin, will use the settlement to pay for costs related to issues that have affected scheduled work, such as remediating soil contamination. In order to catch up to the construction schedule, some work will have to be accelerated or done in parallel with other jobs. Verster said in some cases crews could be working 24 hours a day, but only if it wouldn’t result in disruption to local communities.

Some payments under the settlement are contingent on Crosslinx meeting the planned September 2021 opening date, Verster said. Under the original terms of the contract, Crosslinx was already facing additional costs if it didn’t meet that deadline.
[...]
According to the joint statement, the “paramount objective” for all parties involved “is to open this new and exciting transit line for customers in September 2021, on time and on budget.”
[...]
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...ettlement-with-builders-of-crosstown-lrt.html

The contract says they need to deliver by that time. Of course they know the timeline is very tight. That can't be any mistakes. ML will never reveal any problems till the very end. Crosslinx sued ML last year and ML paid them an undisclosed amount to keep the timeline. Let's see how that goes.

Well, here's the plan straight from the horse's mouth:

DSC_6059.jpg

By the looks of the flow chart, the line is a year behind schedule.

The guideway at Black Creek was to be done by April 2018, but only ready for track this year in April.

If the line is to be completed in Sept 2021, lots of 7/24 hours to do it with more manpower.

6 Revenue vehicles were due in July 2020, but show up Feb 2019

27 months for Metrolinx to figure out that some of their station names are dumb as nails. Although they never figured it out on TYSSE so I guess I shouldn't hold my breath.

By the looks of the flow chart, the line is a year behind schedule.

The guideway at Black Creek was to be done by April 2018, but only ready for track this year in April.

If the line is to be completed in Sept 2021, lots of 7/24 hours to do it with more manpower.

I don't think you read that correctly / April 2019 is what it says for track work at the guideway.

10km of trackwork to be done by 2018 which they did

No, what it means is that the consortium needs to have 6 revenue vehicles ready for use by July 2020. Bombardier had to deliver the vehicles by February 2019 in order for the consortium to do all of their testing and then fit-out.

Dan

Metrolinx and IO have been saying September 2021 (27 months away) for years - I just have a hard time believing it, looking at the photos, the further east you get.
I wonder if that's the date that crosslinks plans to hand it over to Metrolinx and the TTC for training and not actual operations?

I heard from a YouTube called Dash DAT who found out that they will repaint the flexity freedom vehicles. The grey is only temporary.
that would be an interesting turn of events after Metrolinx said they will be grey because the subways have a metallic finish on them and because they will be underground like a subway then the will be gry so they are like t metal finish on the subways

Back