011.jpg
012.jpg
014.jpg

013.jpg
015.jpg
016.jpg
017.jpg
018.jpg

Dont mind Metrolinx and their "reasoning" for the grey livery on the LRVs. Their explanation for makes as much sense as much sense as their explanation/reasoning for the station names (ie: it doenst make any sense).

I wonder if they got the consultants to come up with the livery as well.

Accessiblility seating is in the modules with double doors.
I didn't see any blue seats in the video. Only having in one car seems like a poor idea - do they really want those with limited mobility walking through the entire car, while it's moving?

There should be more seats in more of the modules.

The seat pattern looks very 90s inspired, and not in a good way.

Off-white and grey for the exterior doesn't make sense to me. I guess they want to associate it with the subway as much as possible.

I didn't see any blue seats in the video. Only having in one car seems like a poor idea - do they really want those with limited mobility walking through the entire car, while it's moving?

There should be more seats in more of the modules.
there are 2 modules per vehicle with double doors. they are labeled on the exterior with the accessibility symbol. when coupled in pairs that makes 4 accessible modules. when 3 are coupled together there will be 6 accessible modules.

there are 2 modules per vehicle with double doors. they are labeled on the exterior with the accessibility symbol. when coupled in pairs that makes 4 accessible modules. when 3 are coupled together there will be 6 accessible modules.
It's the same module configuration as the TTC streetcars we ride every day.

There were no blue seats ... just how frigging incompetent is Metrolinx and Bombardier that they haven't used the blue fabric on the accessible seats?

It's the same module configuration as the TTC streetcars we ride every day.

There were no blue seats ... just how frigging incompetent is Metrolinx and Bombardier that they haven't used the blue fabric on the accessible seats?
Metrolinx and Bombardier are not required to adhere to TTC interior guidelines which require normal seats to be a deep red and accessible seats to be blue. Since all the seats have blue in the fabric pattern, having an all blue seat could be a cause for confusion.

Surprised to see the "stop request" function included. I remembered early documents said that the LRV's would stop at every stop. I assumed it was because the LRV's would be too fast and heavy to stop safely if they were included. Nonetheless, quite happy it is included and will hopefully make-up for the close spacing between the the stops on the on-street segment.

This is absolutely not what the staff said at the open houses, nor what the presentation materials stated at them, either. The surface stops would all be operated as if they were part of the streetcar network - if there is no one waiting at the stop, or requests a stop from onboard, the vehicle continues through.

Dan

Metrolinx and Bombardier are not required to adhere to TTC interior guidelines which require normal seats to be a deep red and accessible seats to be blue. Since all the seats have blue in the fabric pattern, having an all blue seat could be a cause for confusion.
They don't have to. That doesn't mean they are incompetent fools if they don't ... and use blue fabric everywhere (it didn't look that close to that particular shade of blue to me).

They don't have to. That doesn't mean they are incompetent fools if they don't ... and use blue fabric everywhere (it didn't look that close to that particular shade of blue to me).
Seriously guys whats the point in overanalyzing this. YRT has blue for all their seats and other agencies have their own colours. What TTC does is for themselves. You dont see GO buses have designated blue seats do they?
Only in UT forums and transit fanatics do we analyse every shade of colour and thread on what really is a trivial matter. As long as theres a proper designated area whether by seat colour or signage then thats good enough

These things are ugly as sin but luckily something like seat fabrics and paint jobs can be changed later down the road, so no big deal.

Build this thing asap and later we can swap the seats out for red and blue when they need replacing and repaint a nicer colour when thats needed too.

The seat pattern looks very 90s inspired, and not in a good way.

Off-white and grey for the exterior doesn't make sense to me. I guess they want to associate it with the subway as much as possible.
If only people, including beat reporters, still had critical thinking skills. The subway comment is clearly a throwaway line. He's probably having a good chuckle that he got away with it hook line and sinker.

Honestly sure the grey on the outside looks like the subway... I guess? sort of?

But the interior does not. If they wanted the interior to look like the subway they should have gone with red seat covers and metal poles with the red antimicrobial finish.

This would look more like the subway

Last edited:
Very disappointed by the grey livery.

I think this is about a territory/branding war between TTC and Metrolinx. Note that the seat colour is more in-tune with the Metrolinx colours. *Takes off tinfoil hat*.

Last edited:

Back