News   Apr 19, 2024
 408     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 9.3K     2 

Cresford Hell pls help!

If you're concerned about the exposed mold, I suggest wiping it down with bleach to kill off some of it. You should speak to the staff at Cresford in person.

tell cresford you will call the city health and building inspectors if the damage is not repaired and carpet replaced within 48 hours.

by the quickness and amount of mold growth there, ii don't believe this is a one time incident ... it may have happened before during construction.

Contact Tarion as well, let Cresford know you're doing it and threaten to lodge a complaint - this usually gets things working very quickly. Also, because this is a health issue, have your lawyer send them a nasty letter.

Yes, no offense intended, but the fact that you have been living with a wet, moldy carpet for 8 weeks pretty much tells "Lucas" that he is ok labelling you as "low priority" on his to-do list. You cannot be this soft on people.

If you're concerned about the exposed mold, I suggest wiping it down with bleach to kill off some of it. You should speak to the staff at Cresford in person.

Don't use bleach that won't work on mold spores, use a good detergent instead. Ultimately the wood needs to be sanded down and then you can use bleach before it's repainted.

wow that is crazy, i would be yelling at them daily to get it fixed, if u dont min me asking what floor are u on, that mold is probably airborne and bad for your health

Wow. Just wow. What a phenomenal failure on the part of the Cresford Customer "Care" office. How is this allowed to happen? How is this even legal?

And where does Cresford hire these people from: the Devry School of Bullshit Artists?

Why wasn't this taken care of right away? ... and why hasn't Cresford, at the very least, removed the mold infested carpet and trim?

It's mind-boggling that this company can treat customers who've spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on their product like dirt.

Perhaps they can use this on their next ad campaign. (I'm no artist, so forgive the crude design).

cresfmold.jpg

For what its worth, I decided NOT to buy an investment unit from this builder,(during the 10 day after signing an offer period) based mainly on what I have read on this forum.
I bought elsewhere from a builder that appears to have a good reputation.
It sickens me to read this kind of stuff.
If this isn't criminal, then it sure borders on it.
This is truly heartbreaking stuff.

Last edited:
Cresford has been behaving this way since the Merchandise building conversion over a decade ago.

When i moved into by unit at 18 yonge (a Lanterra project) about 4 years ago, they hadn't properly capped off the roof and when the heavy rains hit it worked it somewhow worked it's way into my unit and flooded the carpet in my den. When i called the Customer care office (or whatever it was called) they immediately sent up a couple guys with these big commercial fans. They pulled back the carpet and got the blowers going on it all day while i was out at work. Dried it up pretty good. Then they fixed the roof and that was the end of that problem.

Just comparing the service levels of another builder. It gives you a lot of piece of mind when they respond like this and fix everything up.

When i moved into by unit at 18 yonge (a Lanterra project) about 4 years ago, they hadn't properly capped off the roof and when the heavy rains hit it worked it somewhow worked it's way into my unit and flooded the carpet in my den. When i called the Customer care office (or whatever it was called) they immediately sent up a couple guys with these big commercial fans. They pulled back the carpet and got the blowers going on it all day while i was out at work. Dried it up pretty good. Then they fixed the roof and that was the end of that problem.

Just comparing the service levels of another builder. It gives you a lot of piece of mind when they respond like this and fix everything up.

yes, i think many people understand problems will arise and the unit won't be 'perfect'.
however, it's the follow up by the developer's 'customer care' when issues are brought up to their attention that also significant.

personally, i received very poor service from Aspen Ridge for their Vu project.
had over 100+ defects on PDI, mostly poor workmanship for drywall and painting, globs of plaster everywhere, damaged kitchen cabinetry, hardwood floors, etc.

message left with them weren't returned, and when an appointment was made 3 weeks after PDI for aftercare, they cancelled it on that day. it was only after i called them to ask why no one had come to my unit, that they mentioned they were cancelling; and I took the day off to make sure things would be done.

wow that is crazy, i would be yelling at them daily to get it fixed, if u dont min me asking what floor are u on, that mold is probably airborne and bad for your health

Mould spores don't generally go airbourne until after the affected area dries, which I presume it has by now and has been disturbed. I had a locker flood a year ago June, when they finally cleaned up the room in late August after the sub-pump failed & flooded the room THREE times my insurance adjuster came in and walked right back out again siting health concerns. She sent in two guys trained to deal with situations like this who wore paper clothing, boots and special masks to remove everything and itemize all of the items that I lost. They went home sick mid-day it was so bad in there. The moral is, keep the window open a bit, close the door and sleep on the couch until this is fully repaired just to be safe. Not all mould spores are dangerous, but without a professional testing it play it safe.

Back