News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 409     0 

Corktown

Great read, I'll have to pay closer attention to Wilkins, Belmont and Berkley next time I pass by. any other sites you know of? Thanks for the links.

Joan did that building for Klaus Nienkamper at 300 King East ( directly opposite her Berkeley row house renos ) in the late '60s, and it remains largely unchanged. It's a marvel of a comparatively small building that's been renovated into a series of practical and intriguingly linked retail spaces, opened up to natural light, and seems larger than it actually is.

Distillery

Just noticed that the Fresh and Wild is open at Distillery. Talked to a guy who lives in the tower overhead and he said it is a huge relief finally having a convenient grocery store. While I was only there for a few minutes, about a dozen people came in to shop so it appears it is well used.

I hope someone decides to revive the Kingsbrae. It would be a shame to see that place totally vanish. From an investors standpoint, that location would be a goldmine in a few years. I had never even been there when it was open (didn't live around here) but just love the vibe of the place.

Just noticed that the Fresh and Wild is open at Distillery. Talked to a guy who lives in the tower overhead and he said it is a huge relief finally having a convenient grocery store. While I was only there for a few minutes, about a dozen people came in to shop so it appears it is well used.

Just noticed all the "RETAIL LEASE" signs go up in front of the Corktown District sites on King. It will be interesting to see who moves in.

I want to live on Bright St one day. I've decided that I must, nay will, have a place on either Bright St, or at the eastern end of Carlton on the stretch paved with cobblestone. It must happen.

I want to live on Bright St one day. I've decided that I must, nay will, have a place on either Bright St, or at the eastern end of Carlton on the stretch paved with cobblestone. It must happen.

Want to split on 2500 in rent?

Hey, Johnny Kay, 2500, split four ways ain't that much. I could afford to just split it with one other person even.

I just don't have any friends that can say the same. :(

or, I do but they all own condos

I came upon this construction site last week on Trefann - an old-woman-in-a-shoe sort of house!

Attachments

• Corktown Vertical_small.jpg
    Corktown Vertical_small.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
I came upon this construction site last week on Trefann - an old-woman-in-a-shoe sort of house!

This site is going for the permanent under-construction look. It is time to either finish the building (which doesn't fit the neighbourhood) or tear it down and reuse the steel framing since that is mostly all this structure is.

Back