News   Jul 29, 2024
 365     0 
News   Jul 29, 2024
 125     0 
News   Jul 29, 2024
 523     0 

Corktown Lofthouses (Gilead Investments, 2s)

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
T

TheAlmightyFuzzy

www.corktownlofthouses.com/flash.php

"8 Modern Homes from $589,900"

The design is not bad, I'd love to see more "modern" style townhomes developments instead of the majority of the Victorian wannabe brick, stone, pre-cast crap. Good for Corktown.

I think these are going at King and Percy...in the Globe a few weeks back there was an article about the redevelopment of Percy St and I think this is part of the project.

Percy Street is five blocks to the east of this, which is on Gilead Place. The Percy Street project is a condo, I believe.

Fabulous. I'm excited about any contemporary rowhouse that goes up, they're rare as hen's teeth.

Those in the know about materials - any suggestions about what materials might provide that lined pattern that forms part of the exterior of the building? It looks great, but unusual enough that I wonder what it might be made out of and how well it would hold up.

On a related note, I see that the existing rowhouses on Percy are all being added to the Inventory of Heritage Properties. Frequently, it seems that development and designation follow on each other closely.

All the grey in the design has me concerned. Concrete? Stucco?

Corktown Lofthouses

http://www.corktownlofthouses.com

An infill project near King & Parliament. As an added bonus, Jamie Kennedy's Gilead Cafe is across the street (maybe 15 feet door-to-door; Gilead Place looks like an alley!).

2696346323_59deb198cd.jpg

looking north towards King street and Morning Glory

The architect/developer had to go through hell to get this project up and running. Lots of resistance from Planning and a particularly gnarly neighbour.

Heartening to see that it's finally moving forward.

Wasn't this project featured on Brad J. Lamb's soft and comforting program Big City Bluster - ah - Broker?

When I get into property development I'm following this model: concrete block and steel frame construction

Is this a new concept for toronto?

I've noticed that newer condo buildings no longer have poured concrete or cinder block dividing walls...just drywall.
It's a lot cheaper, but doesn't do much for sound transmission between suites.

Well, the link above is no longer active, so it looks like they sold out.

Do you really think that one pic shows enough to declare that these look awesome? Like that pic actually fills you with awe, and renders you near speechless, dumbstruck?

Back