News   Mar 28, 2024
 58     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 267     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 640     0 

Cops above the law

Even the ones who were cleared to be there? Given press kits and security passes?

Clearly, you know very little about that day.

The ones who were cleared to be there weren't the ones targeted. They were caught in the crossfire because of the actions of those who weren't cleared to be there.
Clearly you underestimate me.
But I do admit I was in Waterloo that day, I base my information off of co-workers who had the misfortune of working in the core.

Clearly you underestimate me.

Yes, I believed you to be more intelligent, I was wrong.
So, you weren't there, have absolutely no idea what was going on, and base your comments on hearsay.
Here's a newsflash for you, the area outside the fence wasn't restricted....anyone who wanted to be there had every right to be there.

Don't hurt yourself when you fall off your high horse.

Yes, I believed you to be more intelligent, I was wrong.
So, you weren't there, have absolutely no idea what was going on, and base your comments on hearsay.
Here's a newsflash for you, the area outside the fence wasn't restricted....anyone who wanted to be there had every right to be there.

Don't hurt yourself when you fall off your high horse.

You make me laugh. Though luckily I never overestimated you, I could tell you knew nothing about anything from the first post I read by you.

And moving back to the actual issue, instead of blatant attempted personal attacks that have no backing whatsoever, even though it wasn't restricted per say, they were warned not to be there.
And although it isn't illegal to be outside the restricted area, it IS illegal to destroy city and private property, which is what occured, and it is the Toronto Police's job to deal with vandals and arsonists.
Which is what they eventually did. They should have much earlier.

So, you weren't there, have absolutely no idea what was going on, and base your comments on hearsay..

Well that and official reports as to what happened.
But to say I have no idea what was going on is ridiculous. The Blair Witch knew what was going on that weekend.

Well that and official reports as to what happened.
But to say I have no idea what was going on is ridiculous. The Blair Witch knew what was going on that weekend.

Get back to the main topic. There's a long discussion in the G20 thread if you want to give your views specifically on that event.

Can you imagine the pay of those cops for that weekend? - 1 Billion for security. Divide that money into all those cops – all 2000 of them. Crazy. They obviously also stood back cause this way when the vandalism started they could say see - the money was well spent and to say we needed all these cops and security. And I do believe that the 2 protesters dressed up in black with face hiding and burning a police car were the police themselves.. Check it out.

http://noliesradio.org/archives/18855

They all deserved it for being there. They were warned and didn't listen.

"They all deserved it" ? This is Canada not communist China! In Canada we are suppose to have the right to peaceful assembly. I live near Allan Gardens where mounted cops trampled a protester in a DELIBERATE act intending to injure or kill! - I saw the protesters from my apartment - the protesters WERE PEACEFUL. The only CRIMINAL acts of violence committed in the park were on the part of the cops. It was captured on video and yet no charges laid? The cops in this city really are ABOVE THE LAW and people like you are perfectly fine with this:mad:

"They all deserved it" ? This is Canada not communist China! In Canada we are suppose to have the right to peaceful assembly. I live near Allan Gardens where mounted cops trampled a protester in a DELIBERATE act intending to injure or kill! - I saw the protesters from my apartment - the protesters WERE PEACEFUL. The only CRIMINAL acts of violence committed in the park were on the part of the cops. It was captured on video and yet no charges laid? The cops in this city really are ABOVE THE LAW and people like you are perfectly fine with this:mad:

As I said, it's up to the prosecutor and the court to say whether the cops broke the law. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. You can appear as a witness, but that's about it. All charges against Daivd Chen have been dismissed although if you filmed it, it would probably show Chen beat up a guy and tied him up.

You'd have a different opinion if you owned a house across from allen gardens and the crowd rioted and smashed your home. you'd blame the police for not acting..you are clearly under 30

You'd have a different opinion if you owned a house across from allen gardens and the crowd rioted and smashed your home. you'd blame the police for not acting..you are clearly under 30

First of all I am not under 30 ( I wish LOL) and yes you are correct - had the protesters turned ugly (which they didn't) and smashed my home , I WOULD be blaming the police for not acting - since I am absolutely sure that under this scenario - the cops would have stood by idly and watched as vandals trashed my home since this is EXACTLY how the cops reacted when hundreds of businesses were being vandalized in the downtown core on Saturday. They LET the "black block" get away with their vandalism so as to provide a pretext for clamping down on peaceful protesters on Sunday.

Last edited:
so the cops had it all planned out...first they decided to provoke peaceful protesters, then,they beat them into submission,,and then they could go after ALL the others and whoop ass!!
you're totally right. I now see the cops as evil,assaultive bullies with only one thing in mind that day..drink a couple of beers and kick some hippy butt!!!.

Peepers,double your haldol dose and stop being so paranoid

Last edited:
Suspect had a lawn chair, police officer had a gun http://www.thestar.com/news/investigations/lawenforcement/article/883473

"David Beldman clutched a plastic lawn chair and when he threw it near Constable Lynne Rusk, she aimed her gun, hesitated, then shot him.

The police officer had been sent by her superiors — alone to a remote, radio dead zone after 10 p.m.— to arrest Beldman, a starved and emaciated homeless man wanted for trespassing."

Officer who killed grandmother avoids charges, fined $500 http://www.thestar.com/news/investi...o-killed-grandmother-avoids-charges-fined-500

"Mei Han Lee was on the way home from a morning stroll when she was struck by a Toronto police cruiser and killed.

The impact of the suddenly accelerating police car launched Lee off the bumper and threw her about 30 metres down the street. The impact severed her brain stem, killing her instantly. Lee, 67, had the right of way, crossing at a green light.

The officer was not responding to an emergency call. His lights and siren were off. For seven years, the police, the provincial Special Investigations Unit (SIU) that probed the case and the officer himself would not divulge where he was going in such a hurry. Thursday, Toronto Police spokesperson Mark Pugash called the Star to say Quijada-Mancia had been on his way to court."

so the cops had it all planned out...first they decided to provoke peaceful protesters, then,they beat them into submission,,and then they could go after ALL the others and whoop ass!!
you're totally right. I know see the cops as evil,assaultive bullies with only one thing in mind that day..drink a couple of beers and kick some hippy butt!!!.

Yes you pretty much nailed it with your facetious remark.

Another cop above the Law :mad:

http://www.thestar.com/news/investi...r-teens-was-cleared-by-siu-probe?bn=1#article

Officer Martin Franssen ran over a 16 year old girl while driving through a park with his lights off at night and severely injured her.

The SIU cleared him of any wrongdoing as did a Durham police internal probe. He is still on the force today and according to the "sunshine list" made of $115K last year.

Not only is it disgusting that he got off without any punishment - the police force sued the girls young friend who was with her in the park for not "warning her" that the police cruiser was coming at them (with its lights off). I wonder what vile person on the police force made the decision to sue her friend who had to be traumatized by what she witnessed?

Last edited:
But in any case, nothing strange about that, there is a segment of the population which is wholly uninterested in police abuse because the victims are perceived bums, hippies, etc. etc. and therefore deserve it anyway. The police are indeed above the 'regular folk' law and they're not the only ones that have such a privilege either.

I should have added, and if people defend those bums, hippies, etc. etc. who deserved police brutality, they must be bums, hippies, etc. etc. themselves, and most certainly under 30 and without property ownership (and after all, only people that are property owners and over 30 can rightfully comment on any given situation).

Totalitarianism is alive and well in Canada. And, indeed, I think pretty much every country has that element in its society.

Back