News   Mar 28, 2024
 381     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 282     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 315     0 

Condo Projects with Direct Subway Access

Then why build tunnels at all? I thought tunnels provide the convenience of climate-controlled, street traffic-free, safe/secure and most importantly direct access to the subway. Looking at the length of tunnels is silly because once point A-B is achieved, commuter's peace-of-mind is achieved. No one wants to walk even three blocks outside to the subway after dark, in high windchill and blizzards.

The northern exit where the 'gate' is redundant in function to the main exit a few metres to the south. Meanwhile an unutilized parkette stands at the corner of a major intersection where a portal (similar to downtown's entry points) could go. From there owners of 5255 and the adjacent building to the south (where a Subway shop is) could contribute some of their basement space to retail/public walkway. Some public/private partnership can be and most likely will be made at some point. Yonge stations with far less intensification/importance have a minor exit accompanying the major one (Pleasant, 1910 Yonge, Berwick, Bedford Park, Old York Mills).

How does 4950 connect to Sheppard Stn? I've tried to get there before and had to surface through the Beecroft exit in front of the federal building.

How does 4950 connect to Sheppard Stn? I've tried to get there before and had to surface through the Beecroft exit in front of the federal building.

From the NW corner of the Sheppard Centre, there's a tunnel that diagonally crosses Yonge to the Federal Building and onward to Madison.

And re the McDonald's closing: get real. It's because it was obsolete by McDonald's standards--an auto-oriented suburbanizing anachronism on a site slated for redevelopment (and I haven't kept track, but is there a streetfront/mall-court-type "replacement" in the vicinity?). And yes, maybe with such redevelopment, perhaps *in the long term* that's incentive to connect up with 5255 Yonge...

it was previously mentioned that many condos in the Yonge and Finch area are connected to the Finch station. Does anyone know the names of the apartments/condos?

doing some research before heading up to toronto. thanks for the help

For comparison, what would be the pros and cons for condos located near or having direct access to the three subway stations below? Are these 3 neighborhoods below quite similar or are they actually quite different?

-Sheppard
-North York Centre
-Finch

Thanks

Back