Toronto Concorde Corporate Centre Redevelopment | 159.36m | 47s | Fengate | Core

Catching up on this having quite a bit of knowledge of the area... Not even close to 5 minute walk (that would get you to the plaza at Wynford). As others have pointed out, it is quite a trek down/uphill to the future LRT stop (10-15 mins). The best transit option in the neighborhood was/is the 144 downtown express (if heading there) for about twice the fare. I must say, it is a great location to live in its present form having a car (getting in/out of the city was a breeze) as off the DVP and only having to deal with half the traffic that either started or ended near Wynford...not so much for transit (other than downtown). As others have pointed out, really too far from all schools, groceries and retail. Really a geographic island of sorts, great for in the park/quiet city living; I can see why residents made comments as posted above. If more retail/services were zoned for and added along Wynford (currently office/industrial?), maybe.

Massive, massive changes to this one come in the form of a public, with prejudice settlement offer from the proponent, which will go to next week's Council meeting. Should Council decline this offer, the revised proposal is what will be disputed
at the OLT hearings in June.

The short version:

1679671644822.png

The Report:

The Offer: (text, + site plan, the elevation drawings would not be helpful to most and I am omitting those, no renders)

1679672474652.png

1679672524757.png

1679672553795.png

1679672593976.png

1679672627373.png

1679672284707.png

For reference, Building 2, Tower B is the proposed 3-storey TDSB School in the podium of the tower.

Thanks for the update, NL! Do the changes make the development viable in your view? I think a grocery store and walkability improvements for accessing the LRT are still needed.

Thanks for the update, NL! Do the changes make the development viable in your view? I think a grocery store and walkability improvements for accessing the LRT are still needed.

I think it's the right direction; though still a bit overbearing; I agree with you on what else needs doing; in respect of the grocery store, there are 3 proposals in quick succession here, the others being
175 and 123 Wynford. The former of which I also updated today. I think a full-line grocer in any of those 3 developments could serve the community, so long as at least one is built and is up and running within the first phase or so of development, I'm agnostic on where it goes.

Interestingly, the status of this item in the minutes from the last Council meeting is 'Not Adopted'.

So with eight tall towers this is roughly half a Cityplace… but walkable to almost nothing, and with none of the public amenities except maybe a school and two poorly sited public parks.

Plus the urban design is typical suburban Toronto and there’s no hint that the developers will hire good architects or landscape architects to elevate the thing.

Is this a fair summary or does anyone see reasons for optimism here?

So with eight tall towers this is roughly half a Cityplace… but walkable to almost nothing, and with none of the public amenities except maybe a school and two poorly sited public parks.

Plus the urban design is typical suburban Toronto and there’s no hint that the developers will hire good architects or landscape architects to elevate the thing.

I think you're right.

This variation of the proposal is modestly better than what came before, but it still makes no sense based on the surrounding land use/development as it exists or as it is proposed.

The architecture of the proposal, to date, is something less than uninspiring to boot.

Fundamentally this site's relationship to good transit is problematic, particularly for the deeper portions (most northern).

The absence of a 'real' supermarket east of the DVP is also problematic.

There is every reason to be concerned, that at best, this is ill-conceived, and will be sub-optimal as built.

Another prime example of Toronto doesnt learn from it\s past mistakes. We've created traffic sewers in Liberty Village, Humber Bay, and Cityplace where there is barely any public infrastructure to support the surrounding population.

This is just going to be another example of this, but it's looking like this area is going to be even worse than all 3 of the aforementioned.

Also only 587 parking spaces for, what, 4000 units? A LOT of these residents are going to rely on walking to get around and there is… what, exactly to walk to here?

Why would you even want to live here other than for convenient highway access? I’m not quite sure I understand this entire project, to be honest.

Did some hard-nosed negotiating pay off?

A revised settlement offer was presented to the City on May 29th and will be before Council next week:

The offer is public.

From the above:

View attachment 483984
View attachment 483985
View attachment 483988

View attachment 483992
View attachment 483993
View attachment 483994

View attachment 483995

View attachment 483996
@Northern Light can you or someone clarify what this report to council means? Is it basically an approval?

@Northern Light can you or someone clarify what this report to council means? Is it basically an approval?

Its a settlement offer.

If adopted by Council it would, essentially, have the same effect as an approval; though technically it instructs the City's solicitor to jointly submit/endorse the settlement to OLT who still have put their sign-off on it. That, however, is normally routine.

There was a previous settlement offer on this file earlier this year, which Council declined to adopt; that resulted in this offer.

One might assume (as is often the case) that legal and planning are prepared to support an offer when you see a report go to Council; and that an approval might be expected. But as the previous meeting showed, while this is often the case, it is not always the case.

Council is still free to vote yay/nay; the risk of a nay being that this may go before the OLT and that the City might lose and end up with something closer to the original proposal. I think that's unlikely in this case, which is why the offer 'improved' when the last one was declined.

Its a settlement offer.

If adopted by Council it would, essentially, have the same effect as an approval; though technically it instructs the City's solicitor to jointly submit/endorse the settlement to OLT who still have put their sign-off on it. That, however, is normally routine.

There was a previous settlement offer on this file earlier this year, which Council declined to adopt; that resulted in this offer.

One might assume (as is often the case) that legal and planning are prepared to support an offer when you see a report go to Council; and that an approval might be expected. But as the previous meeting showed, while this is often the case, it is not always the case.

Council is still free to vote yay/nay; the risk of a nay being that this may go before the OLT and that the City might lose and end up with something closer to the original proposal. I think that's unlikely in this case, which is why the offer 'improved' when the last one was declined.

That would mean we could see pre construction condos go on sale probably early next year if this offered next week? Would that be a fair timeline? or are we still years out.

That would mean we could see pre construction condos go on sale probably early next year if this offered next week? Would that be a fair timeline? or are we still years out.

Can't really say, up to the proponent; but in a slow market, I'm not sure this would be a big seller, at least not at the price point the proponent would like.

In terms of paperwork being sufficiently progressed, sure its plausible there could be sales in early '24; but I think there are nearby projects that would likely have greater potential; and Eglinton Crosstown needs to open before anyone sends anything new to market here at this point, or so I think.

Back