News   Apr 19, 2024
 41     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 403     1 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 640     1 

Toronto CityPlace: Montage + Neo (Concord Adex, 47 + 16s, KPMB)

Taken this afternoon:

img41221.jpg

Here's a wide scene:

img41121.jpg

I would they can continue the streetscape along the stretch of Spadina right above the railway tracks (something like the Medieval London Bridge?) - it will make all the difference in connecting Cityplace to the rest of the city.

AoD

Hi,

I'm interested in a unit at cityplace and could use some help in making my decision. Anyone here currently live/rent there? How do they like it? What don't they like?

I like that everything is all in one place and the overall complex is right downtown. My concern is the traffic and the increasing population as other buildings are completed. I would have to take the highway to work so I'm not sure how bad the traffic is in the morning around spadina. Also, when i sell down the road (5+ years) how hard will it be considering there are so many units available in the same area?

Thanks in advance.

I don't live in Cityplace ... but based on the several suites in several Cityplace buildings I've seen I was not impressed ... particularly with Neo/Montage, extremely utiliatarian/bare hallways with low ceilings, insufficient # of elevators (which are small), unit interior finishing is OK I suppose, the floor to ceiling windows are nice ... however many units have poorly laid out floorplans, and I read in other threads that residents report built quality and noise insulation issues

I've definitely heard a whole lot more negative feedback than positive, and I personally would not consider Cityplace as a 'potential' future home

I don't live in Cityplace ... but based on the several suites in several Cityplace buildings I've seen I was not impressed ... particularly with Neo/Montage, extremely utiliatarian/bare hallways with low ceilings, insufficient # of elevators (which are small), unit interior finishing is OK I suppose, the floor to ceiling windows are nice ... however many units have poorly laid out floorplans, and I read in other threads that residents report built quality and noise insulation issues

I've definitely heard a whole lot more negative feedback than positive, and I personally would not consider Cityplace as a 'potential' future home
I really don't like the newer buildings, the older ones are much better/nicer. I never hear my friend's neighbours and the common areas are in pretty good condition. I went to West One and was very disappointed with the common areas....quality was crappy, things were broken, the materials used looked cheap.

Parade looks like it will be nice though.

Thanks for the input.

The units I am eyeballing are in 'The Gallery'. I like it because it's a smaller building so I wouldn't have to deal with much of the heavy traffic inside or the competition when trying to sell again numerous similar units.

I'm on the fence about this area. I am aware that the interiors may not be as high quality but it seems I may be able to snag a unit for a decent price and spruce it up a bit. Would this even be worth doing?

Thanks for the input.

The units I am eyeballing are in 'The Gallery'. I like it because it's a smaller building so I wouldn't have to deal with much of the heavy traffic inside or the competition when trying to sell again numerous similar units.

I'm on the fence about this area. I am aware that the interiors may not be as high quality but it seems I may be able to snag a unit for a decent price and spruce it up a bit. Would this even be worth doing?

Bear in mind that most of the "feedback" you get on this particular forum is from people who don't actually live in cityplace. It's mainly from people who claim to have visited once, or who know a "friend of a friend" living there, etc etc. What I'm getting at is that it's mostly useless.

If you take a closer look, you'll find that the few of us here on UT who actually LIVE in cityplace love it. I use to refute some of these completely baseless comments... but I've realized it's not worth my time. I live in the units north of the tracks (apex/matrix) and without going into great detail (and derailing this thread), I find it overall quite excellent.

We're obviously walking distance to most of the downtown core (or a streetcar ride away), so I'm assuming you'll be commuting out west to mississauga or something? I actually have a couple of friends living around here who do that too, and traffic heading west is apparently just fine in the morning. A little worse coming back at night... but still not too bad, as you're going "against" traffic.

I live at the building closest to rogers center "optima". been here for 4 + years now.
I can only speak for my building and the ones on front, because those are the only ones i have seen in person.

I love my unit, the floor plan is good/great. The hallways are ok, they could use some character(furniture/art).
Construction is good, i never ever hear my neighbors through the walls, occasionly through the front door when they are walking by and being loud but that is so rare i cant remember the last time that happened.
Everything isnt perfect, i would love to redo the lobby and ammenities area. Lobby doesnt feel very welcoming and the ammenities although very nice imo feel detached to the building.

As for the neighborhood, i take the 510 a lot in the winter time to union otherwise i just walk bremner. I never walk around cityplace it self, i always end up going towards front and king for rabba/shoppers or to get some takeout. I can see myself crossing spadina and going to sobeys and to the park this summer.

In the end, i love my unit, the building isnt bad and the area will only get better (fingers crossed).

Bear in mind that most of the "feedback" you get on this particular forum is from people who don't actually live in cityplace. It's mainly from people who claim to have visited once, or who know a "friend of a friend" living there, etc etc. What I'm getting at is that it's mostly useless.

If you take a closer look, you'll find that the few of us here on UT who actually LIVE in cityplace love it. I use to refute some of these completely baseless comments... but I've realized it's not worth my time. I live in the units north of the tracks (apex/matrix) and without going into great detail (and derailing this thread), I find it overall quite excellent.

We're obviously walking distance to most of the downtown core (or a streetcar ride away), so I'm assuming you'll be commuting out west to mississauga or something? I actually have a couple of friends living around here who do that too, and traffic heading west is apparently just fine in the morning. A little worse coming back at night... but still not too bad, as you're going "against" traffic.

I tend to agree with gei. My two cents: The design of Montage/Neo may not be right for everyone (minimalist) but to some, this is one of the best buildings Concord has built to date. Sometimes the experience of living in a building is also how the property management company cares/manages the building and it's owners. The current property management company is not that great...

Good luck.

anyone have any info on 'the gallery'? There are a couple units I have checked out but not sure if there is anything i should know about the building in general.

There's a decent corner 1 br (~633sqft) that's going for $279k incl. parking and locker. Could use some feedback on that.

Thanks.

I hate back-seat moderating as much as the next person, but if this thread is going to become nothing but a dicussion of the quality of the units in the building, can we at least put it to rest in the Buildings, Architecture & Urban Design forum?

Fencejack - when you ask about 'the Gallery', are you talking about the couple-decade-old building on Grenville? Whichever it is, you should take your query to a thread in the Real Estate section: this is not the place for it.

Back