News   Jul 08, 2024
 447     1 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 1.1K     7 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 650     0 

Toronto CityPlace: Montage + Neo (Concord Adex, 47 + 16s, KPMB)

I just got a Feb 2 move-in date for montage. Does anyone know if these dates are based on what floor you're on or if it is the date they are starting to move in the building?

Montage occupancy

Hello everyone. It is good to find a website like this.
I am an owner of Montage, I bought a unit in early 2006. Just received notice from Concord Adex that they delay to Feb 2009. Do you think they will delay further. I sold my house a year ago and currently renting waiting to move but they keep delaying.

Thanks

ew

Wow, a YEAR?! It doesn't look like it will take that long since they are close to topping out and have cladding on more than half of it. I know it takes a long time to outfit the interior but a year??

Spoke to customer care at Concord today... the joke is that "there is no delay" and that any date given previously was just speculation from the sales team. nice...

Speculation? If there are no delays, then why would I receive a registered letter stating that there was a delay?

My unit is on the (actual) 15th floor in the Neo development. Spoke to Nicole (416-813-1035) at Concord today. I asked her about the Nov occupancy date to gage my move-in date. With 333 units I calculated about half a year for all owners to populate the building. Nicole insisted that it won't take that long due to "investors". Huhh??? Are a large percentage of owners at Neo investors? If so how does Concord know which purchaser is an investor? Does that mean construction will be prioritized based on who's a non-investor? Nicole hinted at less than 3 months to complete occupancy of the building. That would mean (Nicole's logic) 4 moves per day at 2 hours per unit. At least I won't be one of the poor souls moving in during the middle of Winter :)

Investors? CityPlace? Nonsense! All the owners there are really excited to occupy their 375 square feet of livable space wedged immediately adjacent to the Gardiner Parking Lot...I mean Expressway and the train tracks! Who wouldn't want to live there? I hear it is the coolest place in Toronto! I read that in their marketing material and I've seen their commercials and their websites boasting how amazing it is to live there- how could it not be everything that they say it is? They wouldn't possibly lie to their customers would they? And don't forget the incredibly appealing view of the rusting SkyDome!

This is a wonderful community of owner-occupiers with no transients whatsoever.

Investors? CityPlace? Nonsense! All the owners there are really excited to occupy their 375 square feet of livable space wedged immediately adjacent to the Gardiner Parking Lot...I mean Expressway and the train tracks! Who wouldn't want to live there? I hear it is the coolest place in Toronto! I read that in their marketing material and I've seen their commercials and their websites boasting how amazing it is to live there- how could it not be everything that they say it is? They wouldn't possibly lie to their customers would they? And don't forget the incredibly appealing view of the rusting SkyDome!

Rusting SkyDome? I think it's in a bit better condition than that. It has operated just as well as it did when it was finished in '89. I agree that it's a behemoth of a building and might not appeal to some, but it adds a lot to the City. I actually enjoy looking up at the Dome and with the CN Tower, provides some contrast to the sea of vertical glass boxes rising all around them. I would even go as far as saying that proximity to the Dome is definitely an asset (personal preference, huge Jays fan).

Close to the Rogers Centre, close to the ACC, close to Harbourfront, close to downtown restaurants but far from the nightclub noise. Sure its close to the Gardiner, but what part of downtown isn't? There are a lot of condos situated next to the Gardiner. I know that I'll be looking forward to being withing walking distance of a lot of locations instead of having to drive/red rocket down from suburbia.

I know that I'll be looking forward to being withing walking distance of a lot of locations instead of having to drive/red rocket down from suburbia.

Given the options of suburbia and CP I would also choose CP. However, given the option of CP and the literally tens of thousands of other condo choices in downtown Toronto CP would be close to, if not at, the very bottom of my list.

How do you feel about February wind tunnels? Do you enjoy the experience of being a human kite?

Sure its close to the Gardiner, but what part of downtown isn't? There are a lot of condos situated next to the Gardiner

HINT: You want to be close to it for quick access to the highway. You don't want to be living on the on-ramp so you are literally landlocked in your housing development during morning and night rush hour and many periods in between.

I suppose my opinions are categorically erroneous as there have been thousands and thousands of buyers for units in that complex and the value of the units have increased so far so I'm sure that trend will continue forever as real estate prices only move in one direction...

I see investor/realestatejunkie is back :rolleyes:

lol... what is with this clown? You would think one of the Concord developers dropped an anvil on his head from one of the cityplace towers and he has a vendetta against them.

His posts are so ridiculous that I don't even think he is trying to get people to take him seriously. I am genuinely confused what his motives are.

Anyway he is clearly breaking the rules by signing up under a different name. How about another ban?

Back