News   Jun 26, 2024
 442     0 
News   Jun 26, 2024
 552     0 
News   Jun 26, 2024
 530     1 

Toronto CityPlace: Montage + Neo (Concord Adex, 47 + 16s, KPMB)

From Apex on Friday night:

2393623815_8af8ea1280_b.jpg

Killer pic; well done. And to the "Neo is a commie block people" I say: LOL!

Forget the base for the second, is montage one of the best looking buildings to go up in this boom?

Thank you all for posting these timely update photos! For a future yyzer (like me now living in Montreal) who bought a unit in Montage, I turn to this forum almost everyday for the updates and your insight/view of the city. Thanks a lot!

Is Montage one of the best looking condos during...

This current boom? Yes. I believe it is. Great looking building in my opinion. Favourite so far of all the Cityplace towers.

April 12

From the Bathurst St bridge looking east on a rainy day.

2408953092_2eb782080b_b.jpg

2408953094_e197bbee46_b.jpg

2408953096_90fc5b4f6b_o.jpg

From Front St looking south at Neo and Montage.

2408984006_d93f97de4d_b.jpg

I like the lighting on top of West One. That's the first time I've seen, or noticed that.

Though it doesn't exactly pertain to Montage, I have some updates about Cityplace as a whole.

The Portland Street Pedestrian Bridge is a GO. It will be 6.5 meters wide and will extend from Front St. to the base of Parade. Cityplace is currently waiting on GO Transit who are building a small extension and a new tunnel in that area.

The new park design is also a go and will be presented at a public meeting in around 2 weeks. Interesting to note that the berm at the south-west side of the site will be taller than the Gardiner which is between 4-5 stories.

Panorama has also just received a height variance which allows them to add an additional four floors to their current 24 for a total of 28. They are finished excavation here and should have a crane in place by the end of the month.

A small debate came to fruition about the nature of the Signature Tower design. It was actually confirmed lately that there is currently NO DESIGN for this building so what we have seen in pictures is purely for massing and rendering purposes only.

In a similar note...
The Loblaws at Bathurst and Lakeshore is all but dead. This comes in the wake of some corporate restructuring within Loblaws so the plan is currently shelved with no resurrection in the foreseeable future. This news is from the mouth of Vaughn himself so it seems pretty reliable.

An update courtesy of today's Globe, Business section, real estate classifieds.

2310232937_5d863ed3c2_o.jpg

Well, this ad from the Globe on March 3 seems to state Loblaws current direction with their site.

The Portland Street Pedestrian Bridge is a GO. It will be 6.5 meters wide and will extend from Front St. to the base of Parade. Cityplace is currently waiting on GO Transit who are building a small extension and a new tunnel in that area.

Awesome, good to hear about the pedestrian bridge. It think this will really help connect Cityplace to the city, and provide a good connection to the waterfront. Did you see a design for it? will it be easy to ride across on a bicycle? Hopefully this will set a precedent to build more pedestrian bridges across the tracks in other places.

Though it doesn't exactly pertain to Montage, I have some updates about Cityplace as a whole.

Any firm dates given? The bridge is an important connection for the people living north of Front and Cityplace residents. More than likely it would be designed for bicycles as well, especially at 6.5m wide.

As noted above, at 6.5 meters wide, the bridge should accommodate bikes just fine. In terms of dates, Concorde is being quite ambiguous. As I mentioned before, they are waiting on (the lethargic) GO authorities to begin and complete their track work before it can go in. Nonetheless, GO's work (if all goes according to plan) will be done in the fall at which point bridge construction can commence.

In my update, I forgot to mention that the subsidized/ low income housing which will abut the west face of the park has been confirmed at 32 and 36 stories. Currently there are no specific meter or foot heights as of now.

sorry to keep the discussion away from Montage/Neo for a little, but there is an info session the rest of the CityPlace neighbourhood

From Adam Vaughan's office
Railway Lands Community Consultation Meeting

Date: Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Time: 6:30 – 9:00 PM
627 Queens Quay West (at Bathurst Street)

We would like to hear your feedback about future planning and development in the Railway Lands neighbourhood. These plans include two schools, parks, a community centre, a pedestrian bridge, affordable housing and other amenities.

Back