News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 424     0 

Church-Wellesley Village

I want Crews back. It's been out of commission for months! I miss it :(
Crews being closed has led to insane lines at Buddies for no good reason :(

Church Street Fetish Festival

As the name of the event implies, these photos may not be to everyone's taste. Consider skipping this post if you may be offended by adult themes as there is some semi-nudity involved with some of the demonstrations. I'm not posting some of the "raunchier" photos/events that I took but some pictures are clearly not for everyone's consumption.

Mods: If there's anything inappropriate below, let me know and I'll remove anything deemed incompatible with the spirit of this board.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

For what it's worth, I saw the owner of Crews/Tango walking through the Fetish Fair yesterday with two "Home Depot" buckets towards his business. So he's either doing some work to the place, or is playing out his "contractor" fetish.

On the traffic report on 680 News yesterday they would only say that Church Street was closed "for an event". I didn't know "fetish" was a taboo word.

CP24 did a spot on it and used the word "fetish," but they only spoke to two guys in hockey gear and only seemed to want to get their predictions for The Leafs this year. I suppose it was the most inoccuous fetish to put on TV.

CP24 did a spot on it and used the word "fetish," but they only spoke to two guys in hockey gear and only seemed to want to get their predictions for The Leafs this year. I suppose it was the most inoccuous fetish to put on TV.
I don't believe CP24 is really concerned about offending viewers - they were the official media partner of Pride this year, which included televising the parade.

I don't believe CP24 is really concerned about offending viewers - they were the official media partner of Pride this year, which included televising the parade.

Yeah, except that Pride is something you can even bring kids to nowadays, sporadic nudity and expression of sexuality nothwithstanding. The fetish fair is unapologetically about sexuality beyond the "norms" - like honesty, can you imagine the newscasters talking about god forbid, BDSM without disparging it or otherwise do the shits and giggles?

re: hockey gear

Geez, they should have talked to the pup and get a low-down on pup-play instead.

AoD

As accepting and embracing as I am towards many things, I think it's asking far too much to think CP24 was going to spend time showing hardcore fetish material on TV. CP24 is for all audiences, which includes CHILDREN.

In other related news, it IS indeed good to make sure people are aware that it's a fetish event, not a generalized "street festival"-- an elderly woman came up to the information booth I work at in another area of downtown and expressed interest in a "Church Festival" that was supposed to be going on. My coworker had fun having to explain that one!! hehe!

Last edited:
CityTV news at 6pm did about a 1 1/2 minute piece covering the Fetish Festival. Shown were lots of people walking around in leather, a piece of the Little Red Riding Hood stage show and plenty men & women being lead around on dog leashes. A little daring for the 6pm time slot although the commentator did conclude with "leave the kiddies at home" for this one.

Malvern

I would like to start a thread on Malvern.

The Modern, and the historical.

dileas

tess

I once went walking along Queen West looking for Queer West Village and by the time I got to Etobicoke, I realized, there is NO Queer West Village. It's only a figment of some marketing guy's imagination. There are no signs of queer life or anything interesting, (in a gay sense) out here. Articles like that make me laugh.

Back