News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 397     0 

Church-Wellesley Village

If it's Kyle Rae doing the endorsement, I wonder how much this makeover involves some facsimile of 1954-era restoration...

According to Kyle Rae's latest flyer, Wellesley Subway station will be getting a much needed makeover and a new entrance will be built on Dundonald. :)

That's fantastic news and as you say, very much needed. I can't picture or reason why there would be an entrance on Dundonald Street.
Is there a mention of a projected date for this to begin?

The entrance at Dundonald is required for fire regulation purposes. Initially it was to be just an exit, but the heavy volumes of people coming down along the parkettes made it reasonable to justify an automated entrance as well.

I cant' wait to see what the TTC comes up with for the redesign. For a busy downtown station, the street level entrance is hideous, especially with the parking garage on top.

I'd also vote for this as one of the stations to rid of the 1980s re-tileage.

From Union to Bloor on the Yonge line, Wellesley Stn. is the most neglected station and in such need of a refresher. The platform area is OK (except that it needs to be accessible) it's the ground level of the station inside and out that needs some attention. I really hope that the curved feature over the entrance on Wellesley Street is retained. I'd also like to see the pedestrian walkway (mentioned above) closed off to help protect the bus area from cold winds in the winter, and reduce the noise of buses pulling out.

It can't really be seen here, but it's the curve on the canape over the sidewalk that needs to stay and given new life, from 1953.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

If they would just replace the brown corrugated steel with something more aesthetically pleasing, it would make a huge difference. The platform level appears to be in good condition, but the ceiling at street level is a mess (as with many of the stations).

By brown corrugated steel, you mean the garage? Lucky for you, that's not one of the "heritage elements"...

What is going on with Crews & Tangos?

What a waste of opportunity being closed.

I've been by several times this week and no signs of life , it looks like they're going to miss Pride weekend. A notice for a liquor application hearing is posted for a date something like June 11th, but it was still closed.

I noticed last night that Crews is still closed. I think that must be about three months at least now. This is approaching that dangerous period of time for establishments where they close for "renovations" but never actually open again.
I do have a theory though. I saw building permits in the window many weeks ago. Is it possible that with the ongoing strike, they can't get a city inspector to sign off on their work?

i wish establishments would be more transparent when it came closures

people know the bar business is hit and miss and they realize there are obstacles to overcome so why not just come out and tell the public whats going on? if they truly do plan on re-opening you'd think that they would want that information out there and not rumors of their impending demise...

if i ran crews and the doors were going to open again i'd be posting updates on the door or on a website so that people knew what the hell was going on

I noticed last night that Crews is still closed. I think that must be about three months at least now. This is approaching that dangerous period of time for establishments where they close for "renovations" but never actually open again.
I do have a theory though. I saw building permits in the window many weeks ago. Is it possible that with the ongoing strike, they can't get a city inspector to sign off on their work?

The liquor application signs only had to be displayed until mid-June, that's why they were taken down. The bar's new owner/owners were in a queue waiting for the licenses to be processed, but then something happened with City workers....

Back