News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 393     0 

Church-Wellesley Village

I wonder if this has anything to do with reported Internet Hookups Gone Wrong?

I've heard lots of warning from Toronto Police Services in regards to this. People set up a 'hookup' online with the sole intention of jumping/robbing the person on the other end.

Whether that's a hate crime or not, it's still scary!

this very high profile case from 3 years ago was not a hate crime but a grim reminder to be wary of the intentions of people you befriend

http://www.xtra.ca/public/Toronto/Gay_seniors_murderer_gets_25_years-3585.aspx

so does anyone actually know what's going in there?

is it another gay bar......or is this all just speculation?

They're really doing a number on this place top to bottom. Notice how they've tied back the rainbow flags so as not to get paint on them. My guess is it will remain a gay bar.

trax.jpg

not so sure if it matters that they are on yonge street so much as that they are open

like the village and area or not, i think it's important that it not only survives but thrives, so the more places that open or remain open the better

this very high profile case from 3 years ago was not a hate crime but a grim reminder to be wary of the intentions of people you befriend

http://www.xtra.ca/public/Toronto/Gay_seniors_murderer_gets_25_years-3585.aspx

Harley was my neighbour and I was sad afterwards I didn't get to know him better.
Fortunately, there are simple steps to take to drastically reduce the chances of somethign going wrong from meeting someone, namely stick to meeting in public until you can be sure of someone's motives.

As for Alibi, I saw someone dressed in work clothes pop their head out as I walked past around 10pm last night. Perhaps they're pulling some all-nighters to get things done in time for a looming deadline?

As I age gracefully like a fine wine I become less interested in maintaining such links to the past, though I understand their appeal. So much changes, so much is impermanent, it seems more fruitful to let things go and concentrate on what is and what will be . I think it ties in with wise old jaborandi's earlier comment about not caring what people think of you.

Anyone hitting up the Halloweek festivities tomorrow night? Church st. is always a great time on Halloween.

Unfortunately my costume is way too skimpy to be worn outdoors. Actually, that seems to happen every year. But isn't that what gay hallowe'en is all about?

Back