Chicago Condos (Daniels Corporation) - Real Estate -

Strange thing is--maybe it's the whole "416 bias" thing skewing the picture, but from the sound of things, Mississauga City Centre is on a far surer path t/w degraded St James Town-dom than Cityplace--maybe because "New Canadians" factor in much more strongly...

It boils down to the fact that, for most people, Mississauga city centre is a horrible place to live unless you work next door, whereas Cityplace is not. Just the fact you can afford to not even think about driving a car if you live in Cityplace puts it on a completely different level.

I'd only ever move to MCC if my job/university is less than 20min driving distance involving no highways from it. A lot of people who move there do so because they want to be close to their indian relatives and a shopping mall.

Immigrants, specially from Asian countries, typically engage in behaviours that clash very strongly with what you expect of a neighbour in the developed Western world. My Chinese roomate, whenever he burned something in the kitchen or there was a really strong smell, found it perfectly acceptable to open our apartment's door for ventilation - which would of course make the hallway smell like whatever he'd tried to cook. I've seen this countless times done by other people of south and east asian background, and I can only assume it's a normal thing to do there.

trashy families sitting in the hot-tub FULLY CLOTHED

And the pool apparently, lol.

img0272tw.jpg

Holy moly... an interesting day at Chicago.

I was sitting at my computer when I heard a thunk outside and then something banging on my balcony door. I turned around and there's some guy standing there, banging on the glass shouting to let him in.

I thought a neighbor had somehow got locked out on their balcony and had jumped over to mine. Then he said the police were after him and pleaded to let him pass through my place. Fat chance. I locked the door.

Ten seconds later there's a knock at the front. It was the police. I told him there's someone out there and he rushed in and went to the balcony, started yelling "get on the fucking ground" and so forth. I just stood outside my front door wondering wtf was going on. Then he took the guy away in cuffs.

I think the condo above mine just got raided and the guy actually jumped down from the 33rd to the 32nd floor ledge/cornice, then onto my 32nd floor balcony.

Get me out of here.

I was sitting at my computer when I heard a thunk outside and then something banging on my balcony door. I turned around and there's some guy standing there, banging on the glass shouting to let him in.

I thought a neighbor had somehow got locked out on their balcony and had jumped over to mine. Then he said the police were after him and pleaded to let him pass through my place. Fat chance. I locked the door.

Ten seconds later there's a knock at the front. It was the police. I told him there's someone out there and he rushed in and went to the balcony, started yelling "get on the fucking ground" and so forth. I just stood outside my front door wondering wtf was going on. Then he took the guy away in cuffs.

I think the condo above mine just got raided and the guy actually jumped down from the 33rd to the 32nd floor ledge/cornice, then onto my 32nd floor balcony.

Get me out of here.

no friggen way........... what type of people are living in condos these days?!

Get me out of here.

Woo ... you are not serious, I can't imagine how you feel about living there ... it is really bad for owners in the building too (with respect to property values)

Haha - this thread is pretty funny. If more people try jumping around balconies someone is bound to fall completely down one day.

Isn't Daniel's like one of the top developers in the city grouped with the likes of Monarch, Tridel, and Menkes? I thought they boasts all these development awards or something.

BTW, I remember the condo ads for Chicago being classy looking and high end?

Daniel's is DEFINITELY not in the same league as Menkes, Tridel, Minto just because of the crapping finishes and poor workmanship that they offer (relative to the prices they charge) .... you should just go see a Daniels unit, they look like older Concord Adex's crappy condos but yet Daniels market their product/prices at the level of Menkes/Tridel/Minto

That aside, all the iditots and crime happening inside a new condo has nothing to do with the builder's reputation regardless high end or not, its simply a mixed bag .... sometimes you get good ones and somethings you get bad ones

Sounds kind of terrible when reading through this thread. They actually have to put up a sign telling people not to swim in their street clothes?

Daniel's is DEFINITELY not in the same league as Menkes, Tridel, Minto just because of the crapping finishes and poor workmanship that they offer (relative to the prices they charge) .... you should just go see a Daniels unit, they look like older Concord Adex's crappy condos but yet Daniels market their product/prices at the level of Menkes/Tridel/Minto

That aside, all the iditots and crime happening inside a new condo has nothing to do with the builder's reputation regardless high end or not, its simply a mixed bag .... sometimes you get good ones and somethings you get bad ones

Friend of mine lives in a Daniels building. It's around 10yrs old, but very well finished and maintained.

Back