News   Apr 23, 2024
 236     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 451     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 1.2K     0 

Charles-Hayden Parking Garage (+2s) COMPLETE

Glad to see the structure finally go... that being said. I don't want a Casa village here - if the rumours are true. This is a much larger site, so hopefully it can accommodate a different design. Perhaps something that can utilize setbacks.

There are too many errors and inconsistencies in that "rumor". There are many automated parking structures either built or under construction.

Yeah. Massey Tower will have one of those automated parking systems.

Cresford need to give aA more money to design something other than the current cookie cutter design. Getting very boring with aA designs these days and they need to think more outside the box for not only this tower, but others ones.

aA only has to pull out all ready design drawings for Casa II to make the modification to allow for a taller building as well for P parking. The structural engineer will have more work to do to make sure Casa II design can support an 65-70s tower with a larger base.

If the rumour meant to reference 1thousand bay and not 1 bloor. A tall version of those stacked/ rotated balconies (drawers) would keep with the casa vibe but look pretty cool. I doubt at such a high profile location they wouldn't put in extra effort.

aA only has to pull out all ready design drawings for Casa II to make the modification to allow for a taller building as well for P parking.

I'm not sure if you are just speaking metaphorically, but just to be clear, this is not how buildings are designed. It's a different site, different building, and will require a completely different design, even if it has visual resemblance to the earlier CASA towers.

Glad to see the structure finally go... that being said. I don't want a Casa village here - if the rumours are true. This is a much larger site, so hopefully it can accommodate a different design. Perhaps something that can utilize setbacks.

It is a large site which makes me think there will be more than 1 building built in this space, maybe this is the 1st phase of two

I heard that garage is going to be torn down for this development. I was just wondering if the strip of buildings on Yonge St would they be included in this project if there's two phrases happening.

Highly unlikely.

There's no development application in on this yet. All we have are rumours floating around, and approval from 2011 for the parking garage to add two more floors to its top.

I heard that garage is going to be torn down for this development. I was just wondering if the strip of buildings on Yonge St would they be included in this project if there's two phrases happening.

Well nothing is confirmed here yet, there is another thread which confirms that there is an application to the city for a couple more floors over top the existing garage,
it very well could have been sold since then and the new owners have a different plan in the works?

Yes it would be nice if they can include Yonge street into this plan...away from the heritage bldg, @ the corner of Charles there is not much worthy

Back