Centro Condos (Henderson Developments) - Real Estate -

I think it has to do with people sometimes not making sure the garbage falls down, so the chute is partially blocked with someone' garbage/the swinging door. Happens to me way too often as well. Othertimes, it's due to them cleaning the garbage bins.

I have forwarded the above concerns to Jai, as well as some concerns of my own. Have yet to receive a response.

I had someone come and knock really loudly on my door last week at like 8:30, 9pm...they wouldn't stop knocking and obviously I didnt' know who they were, nor did I answer, not expecting anything at 9pm. They kept knocking. Finally, after 5 minutes or so, they left. I went to go check the peephole, and all they had left was a sheet of paper notifying the residents to change their air filters themselves etc., I hardly think this was an appropriate time or manner to hand out flyers, if that's what they were even intending to do. So many issues, and nearly none of them have been taken care of properly.

I am glad to hear that I am not the only one having this problem. But that really sucks, what a shitty system. I have tried resetting mine a couple of times too without any luck. I am pretty fed up with it and just coping with no heat at the moment.

Ontnut, you can reset the system when you open up that vent door thingy (haha sorry, I am not sure what you call it)...when you go to change your air filter, you will see it.

Board Letters

What's with these people sending letters in our mailbox??? You missed the deadline and you still want us to vote for you?? If you can't have your resume completed and sent in before the deadline, kinda makes me wonder if you are going to be good on the board...not a good first impression...

Have you all gotten the full package resumes? Anyone look promising in there?

Not sure which "letters" you are referring to. I received some flyers notifying people of candidates, but the candidates are also listed in the resume package. I don't see a problem with candidates going the extra mile and actually taking the time to write, pay for and distribute their flyers. It actually gives me more confidence that they will do the job wholeheartedly, than someone who just emailed a one sentence message like "I want to run for the board" to Jai...

I agree..but they were not flyers they were letters from people who missed the deadline to submit a resume...why would we choose them if they cant even submit their resume before the deadline???

Not sure which "letters" you are referring to. I received some flyers notifying people of candidates, but the candidates are also listed in the resume package. I don't see a problem with candidates going the extra mile and actually taking the time to write, pay for and distribute their flyers. It actually gives me more confidence that they will do the job wholeheartedly, than someone who just emailed a one sentence message like "I want to run for the board" to Jai...

I see I see...I didn't notice that yet actually, but then again I didn't check my mail in a few days :S

If they actually mailed out letters themselves after the deadline...I don't know. A for effort, F for timing, so.... C- on first impression? lol

I guess I will see you all there at 7 tonight?

Last edited:
So now that the turnover meeting is over and the directors have been elected, I have a couple of concerns.

I think it's quite clear that Henderson Development used their proxies to vote both Mr. Taube and Mr. Lui (both men work for the current property management company). Even after bringing up the issue of conflict of interest, both were still "elected" onto the board of directors. My concern here is that Mr. Taube's ONLY interest is to sell all of the remaining units. He is neither an owner nor a resident, and so doesn't truly care about the long term success or finances of our condo corpporation. He gets paid to sell the units, no matter what condition the rest of the building is in. He could easily try to implement expensive costs, renovations or projects in the coming year or two, which will leave us all paying extra maintenance fees down the road. I really hope that it doesn't happen, but that issue will always be there so long as a non-owner/non-resident is on the board and is in a position to fiscally benefit from his position. I truly hope none of the residents voted him on...

Regarding Mr. Lui, he is a broker for the property managers as well, and will possibly fiscally benefit from his own actions on the board. I am very concerned about this.

If it ever comes to the point where we as owners want to challenge the current property managers and/or change property managers, this may become a very difficult issue moving forward, given that two of the directors work for the property managers, and the issue of conflict of interest was very swiftly brushed aside by the lawyers (hired by Henderson) and the property managers.

How do you all feel about this?

Thank you Ontnut for voicing your concerns,

I attended yesterday's turnover meeting but did not second guess the potential repercussions of having two directors that have ties with the developer. Under sec. 52 (2) of the Condominium Act, it states that a person can request for a recorded vote either before or after the vote. I don't think anyone requested the voting to be recorded and I question if anyone can find out the voting results (?)

I share the concerns you raised and I hope that the president and the other two directors elected, who appear to be well qualified and have the interests of the residents at heart (and that I voted for!), be cognizant of the intentions of Mr. Taube and Mr. Lui in the future. The good thing that came out of this is they do not form the majority on the Board.

I also hope that this potential conflict of interest does not cause future litigation issues between the homeowners, the Condo Board, and the developer.

BS

NO WONDER!!!! THIS IS COMPLETE BS!!!!

There were so many people left going....how come this person or that person didn't get elected...the whole thing was garbage...

We need to ensure the other Board members are aware of this...we are all going to end up getting screwed. I am sure people didn't vote for them...pure crap...

I don't understand how people can be on the board and not live there. We need to get a lawyer involved on this one....

So now that the turnover meeting is over and the directors have been elected, I have a couple of concerns.

I think it's quite clear that Henderson Development used their proxies to vote both Mr. Taube and Mr. Lui (both men work for the current property management company). Even after bringing up the issue of conflict of interest, both were still "elected" onto the board of directors. My concern here is that Mr. Taube's ONLY interest is to sell all of the remaining units. He is neither an owner nor a resident, and so doesn't truly care about the long term success or finances of our condo corpporation. He gets paid to sell the units, no matter what condition the rest of the building is in. He could easily try to implement expensive costs, renovations or projects in the coming year or two, which will leave us all paying extra maintenance fees down the road. I really hope that it doesn't happen, but that issue will always be there so long as a non-owner/non-resident is on the board and is in a position to fiscally benefit from his position. I truly hope none of the residents voted him on...

Regarding Mr. Lui, he is a broker for the property managers as well, and will possibly fiscally benefit from his own actions on the board. I am very concerned about this.

If it ever comes to the point where we as owners want to challenge the current property managers and/or change property managers, this may become a very difficult issue moving forward, given that two of the directors work for the property managers, and the issue of conflict of interest was very swiftly brushed aside by the lawyers (hired by Henderson) and the property managers.

How do you all feel about this?

Majority? It doesn't matter. They are 2. They have Jai, that makes three. They have numbers. Not good. Not good at all. Lets hope this hot shot president is good and backs up his big talks.

I attended yesterday's turnover meeting but did not second guess the potential repercussions of having two directors that have ties with the developer. Under sec. 52 (2) of the Condominium Act, it states that a person can request for a recorded vote either before or after the vote. I don't think anyone requested the voting to be recorded and I question if anyone can find out the voting results (?)

I share the concerns you raised and I hope that the president and the other two directors elected, who appear to be well qualified and have the interests of the residents at heart (and that I voted for!), be cognizant of the intentions of Mr. Taube and Mr. Lui in the future. The good thing that came out of this is they do not form the majority on the Board.

I also hope that this potential conflict of interest does not cause future litigation issues between the homeowners, the Condo Board, and the developer.

Majority? It doesn't matter. They are 2. They have Jai, that makes three. They have numbers. Not good. Not good at all. Lets hope this hot shot president is good and backs up his big talks.

I think Jai is now trying very hard to please the owners, as I hear there may have been rumblings about replacing the manager again. So that might work to the owners'/directors' benefit actually.
I have confidence in the owner board members.

I know that someone who was holding the ballot boxes, asked the lawyer/mark fenson what they should do with the ballots, and I think Mark said it didn't matter. I will bring it to the board's attention and ask for a recorded count. Should have talked to the scrutineers as well....

Back