Centro Condos (Henderson Developments) - Real Estate -

We got a call 12 days before PDI, (PDI June 5th, occupancy June 12) by phone and received confirmation for it minutes later by e-mail.
We hired a house inspector to support us. Ken, from the buider who made the tour was writing a lot of things down, from the beginning on. Small things mainly. Ken also advised us how to mainteance washer/dryer and all other appliances but didn't explained to us how to wash our socks.
Our home inspector wasn't to happy with the paint job and we're still waiting to get this fixed.
However, tomorrow we're for a month in our unit, happy like a fish in the ocean, but still waking up every morning and first thing we do is looking for mistakes.........

Blub

any date before June 30
you will receive a call from Centro

*tip*
make sure you have someone looking for things wrong with your suite- he/she does not need to know how the washer/dryer works
also bring a pen and paper to write down notes

the centro person will be your tour guide, he/she will tell you about how to use your appliances/ walk you through your home

at the end you sign your TARION contract

anything you find wrong later will have to be written on your 30 day PDI form

If you booked a moving company already then contact the Centro gate house asap to make a reservation for moving in!!
Actually it's pretty risky what you did, because a lot of "move in dates" are blocked way in front (Friday-Sunday very bad).
Our PDI was 7 days before.
jausa

We haven't had our PDI yet, and we've already scheduled movers for July 1st. Do you think it'll be hard to book the elevator? Also, when do you think our PDI should be if the closing is on June 30th?

We scheduled our moving date (July 2nd) two days ago, and we booked the elevator at Centro today. We can't wait to move in! When do you think the amenities will be ready? From your pictures it seems they have a lot to do. Was 7 days enough time for them to fix everything on your PDI list? And are they going to repaint your unit?

Last edited:
Can feel with you! We couldn't wait eighter and was counting the hours.
Personally i guess amenties will be ready very late summer/early autumn.
There is indeed a lot to do, allover the buildings.

7 days are not enough, don't count that all things will be fixed in 7 days after your PDI. But as i mentiond before, mostly small stuff.
There is no need to repaint the unit, just some touch-ups need to be done, but nothing happened so far.
However, cannot make us nervous.
But indeed we had to write to Tarion, i think pretty usual those days...

We scheduled our moving date (July 2nd) two days ago, and we booked the elevator at Centro today. We can't wait to move in! When do you think the amenities will be ready? From your pictures it seems they have a lot to do. Was 7 days enough time for them to fix everything on your PDI list? And are they going to repaint your unit?

I was told that amenities (5th floor iirc) should be ready by end of summer. I saw that they have the treadmill bases and some elliptical machines in the 2nd floor parking area, so those should be going in soon (the floor in the gym looks ready to go already). I'd say give it another 2 months.

I also am waiting for a few things here and there to be completed in my unit, but I can't complain too much, as the other units on my floor are far from complete.

I'll upload some more pics for you, chazed. There are 2 types of penthouse room styles, the other one is a bit smaller overall compared to mine.

Some images may be duplicated from before, and some may not have the best field of view, because the hallway/room is too narrow/short for my camera's lens to capture more of the actual room.

Entrance Hallway

View from entrance hallway into living room

View out of side window in living room

View out main window in living room

View of sliding door/kitchen

View into kitchen from living room

View of guest bedroom (connected to living room facing the main large window)

View of master bedroom looking out to balcony

View into den

Kitchen light fixture

Bathroom light fixture (above the mirror...which I still don't have yet)

And just for fun...me sitting on my balcony having a break :p

Last edited:
Anyone have any clue what's going on for the roof? I see they are building something up there, but I'm not sure if it's anything more than just satellite, A/C etc.,

Was informed yesterday that apparently my unit is still "open for construction and touch ups" up until early-August. Wow. Surprised.

i noticed on mls that two centro units have gone up for sale. does that mean they have officially closed? has anyone on this forum received notice of their final closing yet?

ontnut, i love your balcony! perfect for sunbathing haha it's a bit awkward for us lower units to do that...hope you take full advantage!

Irene, actually I just saw about 5 or 6 units up, including one penthouse (looks like North Tower, NW corner)...I guess they have had their closing date.

Thanks Irene! I've definitely spent a couple hours out there already (even though the unit isn't completed)...you're all more than welcome to come visit when it's ready! ;)

I had my PDI scheduled today. It's THREE days before my moving date! How does that happen? I hope there's nothing big that has to be fixed in our unit. And Ontnut, I LOVE your unit! I wanted to buy a penthouse but they weren't ready for viewing when I was buying.

Weird - how do you have a moving date already, if you didn't do your PDI yet, chazed?

I hope it's ok! What floor are you on again?

And thanks! I didn't really view my unit either, kinda bought it on the floor plan/info I got from Henderson. Glad it turned out ok :)

We had our occupancy date confirmed, and from that we booked the elevator for moving in. I'm on the 31st floor (legal level 27). And thanks, I really hope it works out.

Back