Casa Condos (Cresford Developments) - Real Estate -

I have exactly the same issues with poorly installed ceramics and inconsistent color of the grout (not to mention the black color of the grout with almost white tiles), and the same floor problems. I have asked them to reinstall, and overall have about 40 flaws listed on my Tarion form.

With respect to my balcony glass issue... thanks for the input. I've tried CLR and WD 40 and Goo Gone to no avail. I even tried scraping it with a razor blade, lubed with all those compounds. I have learned that it may be the result of a problem with the glass tempering process. The glass is likely permanently damaged and will have to be replaced. Hope getting that done is not too much of a nightmare. The fact that it is considered common property will complicate things for me.

I have the same floor issues that others have mentioned. Very bouncy and creaky in spots, not to mention scratches and gunk. Plus the 6/10 of a millimeter veneer is not exactly what I was expecting. Wasn't it billed as "engineered hardwood"? I can't remember. We'll see what happens. I think they've agreed to redo some of it, but I might see if I can get the whole thing levelled and replaced. I have other issues too. Nothing crazy huge, but annoying nonetheless.

I've had no problem with noise, but I don't think I have many neighbors yet way up on my floor. I did hear a casual comment the other day though that the soundproofing in the building is quite decent, which is encouraging.

I have exactly the same issues with poorly installed ceramics and inconsistent color of the grout (not to mention the black color of the grout with almost white tiles), and the same floor problems. I have asked them to reinstall, and overall have about 40 flaws listed on my Tarion form.

I'm glad to say they have fixed most of the ceramic problems for me. They will be installing a new shower stall floor ontop of the existing (they claim it will be fine) and hopefully square to the wall this time. As for the wood floors, I checked out unit 611 today (open house). Those floors were even worse than mine. I think there are two issues. 1- they may have put down the floors too tight to the walls and not allow it to expand as it gets warmer causing it to buckle and 2- did not level the cement below. Apparently, the construction crane was mounted in my den and that explains the major dip there. They assure me it will all be fixed. As User Name mentioned, I wasn't expecting such cheap quality floors. They are engineered floors as that is what is written on the boxes. However, the samples shown looked to be much thicker so, who knows?

Fortunately my floors are pretty perfect. The odd squeak here and there but not as bad as I've experienced in various other suites.

Talking with other neighbours it seems the consensus is that Cresford hired amateurs to install backsplash tiles. Sloppy and inconsistent all around.

And the only balcony issue I have is with the remnants of paint from the paint roller used to paint the undersides of the balcony. The splotches are all over the underhang from the railing above making it impossible to get at without falling of the balcony. It's quite noticeable. I'm sure customer care will attend to it, but haven't had a chance to add it to my list of deficiencies yet.

Fortunately my floors are pretty perfect. The odd squeak here and there but not as bad as I've experienced in various other suites.

Talking with other neighbours it seems the consensus is that Cresford hired amateurs to install backsplash tiles. Sloppy and inconsistent all around.

And the only balcony issue I have is with the remnants of paint from the paint roller used to paint the undersides of the balcony. The splotches are all over the underhang from the railing above making it impossible to get at without falling of the balcony. It's quite noticeable. I'm sure customer care will attend to it, but haven't had a chance to add it to my list of deficiencies yet.

squeaky floors in a condo makes no sense. They're not even real hardwood. That would really bother me...I'm sure neighbours below you would hear this too. Hopefully Cresford can get this resolved quickly

Looks like the building registered 2 days ago as per my Lawyer

Congratulations!

As most of the Units in the Building will be closing on the same day, please insure that financing is arranged immediately (if you have financing already arranged, please advise your Lender about the confirmed closing date) and please insure that up-dated instructions are received from your Lender at least 10 days prior to the closing date. (that is by April 17, 2010).

The poor lawyer needs a copy editor badly.

I'm glad to say that customer care has taken care of all of my unit deficiencies except for the hardwood floor issues. They did an amazing job on the ceramics and general touch-ups.

Boy is Casa still dark at night though...

That is a good indicator that this building has a high % of investors (who buy to flip rather than moving in), hence vacant units and lack of lights at night ~

That is a good indicator that this building has a high % of investors (who buy to flip rather than moving in), hence vacant units and lack of lights at night ~

Where are they listing them? There's nothing on mls.ca.

Where are they listing them? There's nothing on mls.ca.

very true .... that's interest~ only 2 MLS listings for Casa so far ... not sure why though

Until the building registers, the purchasers do not own the units to sell them. Cresford still owns the units and the residents are paying a phantom mortgage or an occupancy fee to stay there. Currently residents cannot sell unless they have permission from Cresford to assign their unit.

Once the building registers you will see an increase in listings on mls.

This happens in most buildings as investors or purchasers cash out on gains, or sell because their real estate needs have changed since they bought the unit.

Last edited:
Until the building registers, the purchasers do not own the units to sell them. Cresford still owns the units and the residents are paying a phantom mortgage or an occupancy fee to stay there. Currently residents cannot sell unless they have permission from Cresford to assign their unit.

Once the building registers you will see an increase in listings on mls.

Thanks for the info. When do you think Casa will be registered?

Back