Casa Condos (Cresford Developments) - Real Estate -

Surprisingly pedestrian, these interiors. The model suite must have been one giant upgrade!

No doubt anyone with a good sense of design will be able to turn his unit into a "My Fair Lady" début, but it will take some work!

I'm seeing very different types of kitchen backsplashes in the above photos, including 3x6 subway tiles, mosaic tiles, 6x10 grid tiles, and back painted one piece glass ... it makes me wonder if the one piece glass backsplash is standard @ Casa ??

if they do, why in the world would anyone choose the others, especially the 6 x 8 tiles ... :eek:

that is a VERY WIDE range of kitchen backsplahses in one condo I must say ~

There actually was quite a wide selection of standard finishes to choose from and they are all quite good. It may not be obvious from let the photos of half-installed kitchens but compared to the many other condos I looked at, Casa offered the best standard finishes.

Also, if those photos are to be used as a guide it looks like most people didn't go for the upgrades. Not surprising considering Cresford clearly was trying to gouge everyone in a very big way. I think they lost out on a lot of extra profit here.

Thanks for the pics

This backsplash sure looks different.

2779542780105795111S600x600Q85.jpg

i have the feeling that whoever owns this unit will have a harder time selling it in the future if that backsplash remains ... they say kitchens and baths sell properties, this one ...:eek:

That kitchen brings back memories....I had the exact same tiles in my bathroom not too long ago :p

Perhaps they mistakenly installed the bathroom tiles in the kitchen?:D

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the cabinets were made in Italy? I saw the sticker on the plastic packaging. Also, the appliances appear a little cheap looking:eek:

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the cabinets were made in Italy? I saw the sticker on the plastic packaging. Also, the appliances appear a little cheap looking:eek:

the cabs are scavolini .. assuming it's still made in italy, but some could be outsource to other areas of eastern europe as labour is cheaper.

i've been told IKEA and scavolini come off the same production lines for some cabinet door styles, which wouldn't surprise me as some of their other products are re-badged name brands.

the standard s/s amana refridgerator surprised me.

My PDI Pics and Thoughts

Hi Guys

I know I promised these pics more than a month ago but everything has been quite busy with the move.

I moved in last week Friday and I must say, I'm quite pleased with the work done in my suite. A lot of the issues I brought up during the PDI have already been resolved by move in.

As for the building generally, there seems like A LOT of work left to be done. Construction workers are here daily, and with only 1/4 elevators working, there's quite a delay. Luckily I'm on one of the lower floors.

I haven't gained access to the 5th floor, but by peaking in, it doesn't look anywhere close to being done.

I have to say, the security guards are amazing. They're very courteous(construction workers included) and helpful, hopefully they will remain when the building registers.

I'll upload additional pictures of what my suite looks like now that I've decorated.

34fdzcy.jpg

316tg5y.jpg

2lxtc9d.jpg

2iuby1g.jpg

1129afr.jpg

mhr439.jpg

14xiioi.jpg

68atj8.jpg

2vxoguh.jpg

Back