News   Mar 28, 2024
 131     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     2 

Canadian Walk of Fame to Put Its Feet Up

Oops, looking closer I do see the lanes!!! Celebrities as roadkill, hmmm.

I always thought the sidewalk thing was incredibly unoriginal and cheesey - 'Hollywood North'. Certainly not worthy of the many great Canadians on there. :eek:

This looks a little better. I must say I don't understand this road thing you are talking about. Where is the road?

definately going to be a nice publice area when completed,
more upscale to yd.

It will be interesting to watch this area develop in competition with Yorkville... with the new TIFF Centre, the walk of fame and the Ritz - King West will certainly challenge Yorkville as the defacto stomping ground for TIFF. Wonder if high end retail will follow at all?

It may just be the fault of the article, but this project seems a bit confusing. They want to protect the walk of fame from the elements by removing it from the sidewalk, yet they're adding stars to King St West according to the rendering? In the article it says all stars will be in the square.

Isn't putting stars on the street a bit disrespectful to the person being honoured? I can't help but be reminded of Hezbollah fighters trampling over an Israeli flag when marching in the streets of Lebanon. There's also a famous photo of a Tokyo intersection during WWII which was painted with the American flag so that cars and people could run over it.

^
I believe the actual plaques with people's names will be in the square, and blank stars will be on the street.

ohh.. in that case, great :)

Good explanation for this dilemma. Stars on the street leading people to the square to view the actual celebrity stars is a good idea.

This all sounds like a great idea, but I fear that it could turn into another St. George st "revitalization" in which city workers rip the refurbished road to shreds in less than ten years. I can't see the snowplow drivers being careful enough to avoid destroying these stars set into the roadbed.

I like the lighting and the pavement too. It looks nice. I like the idea of more and more squares around town.

So much inflated rhetoric for such a meagre tourist offering.

^I agree. The whole walk of fame idea is so unoriginal and cliche. The maple leaf/star logo is even worse.

Back