131     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 2K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 598     0 

Canadian Highway Fantasy Thread

800px-115_towards_Enterprise_Hill.png

Highway 115 at Enterprise Hill looking Northeast towards Peterborough

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9c/115_towards_Enterprise_Hill.png

Last edited:
409 needs to be tunneled under Pearson airport and connected to the eastern end of the 403 in Mississauga.
That would seem to be impossible.....after tunneling under/through Pearson you would then only have to expropriate a few (or a few fews) million square feet of prime industrial property to get to the 403.

upload_2018-5-15_13-43-52.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-15_13-43-52.png
    upload_2018-5-15_13-43-52.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,528
Plus it would bypass the one part of the 401 that functions well, that also happens to be the widest highway on the planet with 18 through lanes.

The last I had heard, Noront are moving ahead with plans for the southern route from from the Ring of Fire through Marten Falls down to Nakina. The Marten Falls leadership is very supportive of the plan. On the other hand, I have my doubts that the route through Webequie will ever be built.

There seems to be a lot of conflicting information regarding the RoF access. An article in Northern Ontario Business said that the province is beginning to upgrade Hwy 599 south from Pickle Lake in preparation for a haul route. It incorrectly identified 599 as running between Pickle Lake and Sioux Lookout, which it does not - perhaps they meant a 599/614 route. Sioux Lookout is s/w of the claim; Nakina is due south and would be an all-new route. Noront's originally stated plan is to develop their closer Eagle's Nest copper-nickle mine first as way to fund the large chromite deposit.

I went to Montreal (actually Perrot Island to be exact) recently and was reminded how illogical it is to have Autoroute 20 as a Local road through Dorion.
I figured there must have been plans for this. Through Dorion, I figured they needed a by-pass. Through Perrot Island, they could get by with diamond interchanges.
Low and behold, that was the plan.

Back