Toronto 20 Front West | 172.4m | 52s | Brookfield | KPMB

Yeah, this open area is not part of BP3. It's planned to be built over the loading dock entrance and 22 Front.

02D53C44-2479-4F0E-9AB8-B74D39A1EB88.jpeg

I don’t think I’ve ever seen the signs this close. They’re missing some lights. Are they new? I always assumed they were back lit, but stand corrected.

View attachment 263704
I don’t think I’ve ever seen the signs this close. They’re missing some lights. Are they new? I always assumed they were back lit, but stand corrected.

So.....the lights you notice; but the people they installed at the very top you overlook!

Interesting... wonder if the moth-balled final phase (s/e corner of the site I believe) will be re-imagined as a mixed-use tower.... get some more 24/7 humanoid animation of Front Street, along with the future Dominion Building redevelopment.

This does seem to be for that SE-ish corner pictured, based on the address in that notice being 20-22 Front St West. I see this spot frequently and think about how it's a bit of an eyesore from most angles. Hoping for an iconic tower here. Though the front of the building is quite nice and I hope is retained, and I hope the courtyard is emphasized because it's quite large but it's tucked away and under-utilized for such a prime spot.

Front St.png

Front St 2.png

This does seem to be for that SE-ish corner pictured, based on the address in that notice being 20-22 Front St West. I see this spot frequently and think about how it's a bit of an eyesore from most angles. Hoping for an iconic tower here. Though the front of the building is quite nice and I hope is retained, and I hope the courtyard is emphasized because it's quite large but it's tucked away and under-utilized for such a prime spot.

View attachment 456721
View attachment 456722

The original phase 3 proposal for Brookfield:

1676569196968.png

I don't think this is likely what is being contemplated in the current market; but ya never know.

It's rather odd though, given the current market you wouldn't expect they would bother with anything at this point - i.e. doing a small development doesn't seem to have any value, may as well wait for the market to pick up assuming it does and build something like the original proposal if not larger.

Strange.

If they are thinking anything it's likely a residential play. There are enough large office proposals floating around still from 2019 looking for a tenant in a crap office market.

I could even see a supertall res building here, subject to shadow impacts on St. James Park / Berczy.

Would the city allow it ? It seems short cited ... I'm sure they'd do office replacement for what is there but longer term this would be a great site for a large office building.

Back