News   Apr 26, 2024
 607     2 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 224     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 709     0 

Bridge, The + Connect (Urbancorp, 22s, Kirkor)

12 February 2011--due to sickness, hard to believe I hadn't been down on wQw in over a month!:(

007nti.jpg

Warmer weather would motivate me to walk closer to the site....

phewph.. cuz despite the fact that it's obviously a makeshift homeless shelter, I really like it's design! I hope it stays (and somehow gets used for PanAm2015)

Hahaha..makeshift homeless bunker, only in Parkdale.:D No for the winter months they erect an inflatable dome over the entire field so that organized soccer/field hockey leagues can keep on playing during the cold months.:)

Hahaha..makeshift homeless bunker, only in Parkdale.:D No for the winter months they erect an inflatable dome over the entire field so that organized soccer/field hockey leagues can keep on playing during the cold months.:)

yes...it is the bubble that used to be at BMO Field. When TFC wanted grass at BMO they needed to do something to satisfy the community hours requirement (a lot of which was under the winter bubble)....so part of the $5 million that TFC invested in BMO at that time was upgrades to Lamport and moving the bubble.

Aside from allowing those improvements at BMO.....that move really should have put to rest any notion of tearing down Lamport!

...Aside from allowing those improvements at BMO.....that move really should have put to rest any notion of tearing down Lamport!

Absolutely agree. The city should not tear down sports facilities to build parks. The tennis community was sacrificed when the beloved Waterside Tennis Club was demolished to make way for the Queen's Quay E George Brown College. Instead of allowing the club to operate somewhere else in the area, they believe building parks (e.g. Sherborne Common) will suffice. I am all for parks but not at the expense of community sports facilities.

Re Lamport, lots of opportunities to improve it further by ripping out the parking lot in the south. Build underground parking lot instead and build a park on top. But that would be considered a 'Gravy Train' project these days....

Thanks for the link. The unit looks pretty good and the view alright too. Too bad that view is going to be block by Fuzion once its done being built.

Yup I know, the blocked view is gonna suck. This is probably the best PDI i've seen so far.

Higher floors have nice views pretty much in all directions. Too bad I'm on a lower floor, I look right onto the railroads. Good thing is that the noise from the tracks are pretty mutted.

Attachments

• DSCN3997.jpg
    DSCN3997.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 303
  • DSCN3999.jpg
    DSCN3999.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 293
  • DSCN3998.jpg
    DSCN3998.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 295
  • DSCN4002.jpg
    DSCN4002.jpg