News   Apr 26, 2024
 232     1 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 172     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 617     0 

Bridge, The + Connect (Urbancorp, 22s, Kirkor)

One thinks of pretty things, the other 'does work.'

BigBlack2.jpg

There's always one project that seems to go at a glacial pace - first it was Murano, then One Bedford, and now it's this.

October 12 2009 update

Bridge + Connect now on the 3rd floor ~
Click to Enlarge

Scaled Model

This is what I did on my Thanksgiving Monday ~ ;)

Click to Enlarge

It's not going to be brick. It's precast. Hurrah.

I don't think it is precast ... though I don't know for sure, but from the scaled model it looks like the red facade is either real brick or precast brick, and if painted properly (like CIRCA in Markham), precast brick can look really good too ... I remain hopeful :)

Nope. Precast.

BridgeCondo_View1.jpg

Even if it was precast brick, how is that appropriate? As good as the finished product may seem, it's the fact that once again, we get little more than the bare minimum from a developer. Precast brick, yippee.

Even if it was precast brick, how is that appropriate? As good as the finished product may seem, it's the fact that once again, we get little more than the bare minimum from a developer. Precast brick, yippee.

Honestly how is it that this affects you and others so much?
Are you allergic to precast?
When you walk by condo's that use brick do you get all excited? Is it an invigorating experience?
Or are you simply buying a unit in this project and were mislead by the sales agent in regards to the materials being used?

It's appropriate because from a distance you can't tell the difference. It's appropriate because the maintenance costs are less. And yes its also appropriate because the installation costs for the developer are less. There are many other buildings in the city going up using real brick, the costs of which are factored in to the purchase price if you must have that.

Otherwise if that's not it I can only suggest avoiding walking by the building on the same side of the road for fear of catching the 'precast blues'.

Back