News   Apr 18, 2024
 201     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.7K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.9K     4 

Bramalea City Centre

I'm kinda disappointed lol.

On a different note, the H&M at Bramalea appears to be moving to a 19,370 sq ft spot in that mall's expansion linky: http://www.morguard.com/images/propertyImages/ON - Bramalea City Centre, Brampton - Floor Plan2.pdf

That square footage is a more typical size for a full-concept store than the mall's current tiny store (4,334 sq ft).

Does anyone have more info regarding the expansion of Bramalea?...Stores coming? New look of expansion?

Does anyone have more info regarding the expansion of Bramalea?...Stores coming? New look of expansion?

The BCC website mentions only: Aéropostale, BCBG, Boathouse, Guess, Jacob, La Vie en Rose, Melanie Lyne

Updated list of Bramalea City Centre retailers for their new addition:

Expansion

Aeropostale, Aldo, Ardene, BCBG, Blink, Boathouse, Dynamite, Dukati, Forever XXI, Gala Gifts, Guess, Jack & Jones, Jacob, Laura, La Vie En Rose, Melanie Lyne, Only, S & H Health, Soft Moc, Stepping Out, Style Exchange, Teopia, Urban Planet, West 49

Existing Mall

Cinnabon, En Vogue Salon, Shoe Club, Quilts, JuJu Shoes

Outside Building

Kumon, Brampton Bilingual Tutoring Centre

Am shocked that Brampton (and Burlington for that matter) are getting Forever 21 before Square One/Mississauga in general.

Last edited:
Updated list of Bramalea City Centre retailers for their new addition:

QUOTE]

Here is an even more updated list I got a hold of store coming to Bramalea (Expansion Wing)
Forever XXl
Eddie Bauer
Club Monaco
Melanie Lynn
West 49
BCBG
R2W
Buffalo
Urban Planet
Browns
Carlton Cards
Soft Moc
Dynamite
Jean Machine
Roots
West 49
Style Exchange
Guess
Aritzia
Zara
Picel Barrel
Richtree
Baton Rouge
It seems like this mall is going to be a "power house" in the west end . Square One has some stiff competition now !

Am shocked that Brampton (and Burlington for that matter) are getting Forever 21 before Square One/Mississauga in general.[/

Last edited:
Wow so Bramalea is finally getting Club Monaco back after all these years!

EDIT: According to the Square One leasing plan Dack's is getting replaced with an Ecco shoe store.

Last edited:
A while ago, Bramalea City Centre announced all the confirmed stores going into the mall. Since I don't want to type up all of the entries, I'll just provide the picture.
bkgd.jpg

H&M isn't listed, even though it was on the floor plans. I thought it might be because it already existed in the mall, but West 49 is listed still.

They've also started adding detailing onto the parking garage, even if it's only ugly stucco. Still, better than a giant chunk of gray concrete.

A while ago, Bramalea City Centre announced all the confirmed stores going into the mall. Since I don't want to type up all of the entries, I'll just provide the picture.
bkgd.jpg

H&M isn't listed, even though it was on the floor plans. I thought it might be because it already existed in the mall, but West 49 is listed still.

They've also started adding detailing onto the parking garage, even if it's only ugly stucco. Still, better than a giant chunk of gray concrete.

What I heard is that Forever XXI took H&M's spot, and H&M is hoping for a bigger spot next year.

FYI, the new wing at Bramalea has been open for the last two weeks or so. Was there today, and it's pretty impressive. Still a lot of empty retail space there, but looks modern yet matches the rest of the mall at the same time. Pickle Barrel has yet to open, as well as a couple of the stores.

Brampton really falls under the radar here at UT. The new expansion to Bramalea City Centre just opened, and it is impressive for a second-tier GTA shopping centre.

The stores are not entirely opened yet, but it includes a new Spring Rolls and Pickel Barrel (I prefer Spring Rolls of the two!), more stores, and underground and multi-story parking garages. It's not quite Yorkdale, but it is a big improvement, and finally improves the flow, with a full two-floor racetrack circulation, with appendages such as the south end food court. The old south corridor (the once-attempted "Kid's Way" corridor) has suffered more so, especially with the relocation of the transit terminal.

Some shots:

5216350205_c4419de63f_z.jpg

Note the underground parking visible from the bottom of the new elevator court. A nice way to provide security for underground parking.

5216335329_c38e7311fc_z.jpg

New multi-floor garage connected directly with the mall with a covered walkway from the second floor. The Zellers on the left is an old Eaton's store.

The new layout (A,B,C and N,O,P and most outbuildings are new)
X.gif

K.gif

http://www.bramaleacitycentre.ca/stores.php?method=alphabetically

Nice pics.

The new section has been open for a month or so now... I went a couple of weeks back and love it.. It's new, yet fits in nicely with the rest of the mall.. Some of the small finishings were still being done up when I went there but it is impressive to say the least.

Would love to see the Erin Mills Town Centre do something like this..!

When the very same chain stores appear in a mall that can be seen at a mall on the other side of the city, or in another city or country even, why bother traveling a great distance to shop?

That is, really, a bit of the point. Many people in Brampton travel to Square 1 to do their shopping.....I think the owners of BCC (Morguard) are trying to make that very point to the 500k people in town...."no need to travel to shop....we are a good place to shop right here".

To some, BCC may be a "second rate" mall....but it isn't really and if can become the first choice mall just for the people in Brampton, it may actually have a higher number of uncontested shoppers (a new term I just coined) than any other first tier mall.

Back