News   Apr 25, 2024
 385     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Blue Jays

What a day for the Blue Jays organization: first, the Osuna news, followed by a no-hitter by a Canadian pitcher, Seattle’s, James Paxton.

I'm thinking he's going to get moved today. There would just be a lot of negative energy if he stays in the organization that could give a worse first impression for a lot of the young guys.
If he doesn't move, then I can almost guarantee we're getting a free pick when he refuses to sign a QO.
He only played two months this year and half of that time was with a floppy arm, he is getting paid millions so I don't feel too bad for him. Should've accepted last offseasons offer. Oh well.

Unless things change, I think you will see an even bigger drop in attendance next season. I really don't see a competitive team next year, In two years, Jays drop from third in MLB attendance to 13th.

Unless things change, I think you will see an even bigger drop in attendance next season. I really don't see a competitive team next year, In two years, Jays drop from third in MLB attendance to 13th.
Vlad Jr. may be a potential Greatest of All Time, but he will not be enough. Other players need to support him as well.

The Angels may have the best position player in Mike Trout and the best batting pitcher in Shohei Ohtani, but they are very much out of the postseason.

The Dodgers may have the best starting pitcher in Clayton Kershaw, but they are fighting for the second wild card spot.

The Padres may formerly have the best relief trio in Kirby Yates, Craig Stammen, and Brad Hand, but they are at the bottom of the National League (the Padres traded Hand to Cleveland).

Even a fantasy team consisting of Vlad Jr., Trout, Ohtani, Kershaw, Yates, Stammen, and Hand will not guarantee entry into the postseason.

I just can't see things changing unless it gets worse. The problem is you have players like Stroman who think they are all that and a bag of chips, Sanchez who gets a blister daily, Estrada who is not aging well and a myriad of players who cannot stay healthy while on contract.

There are plenty of fan favorites but it is because Rogers was trying to market the team that they kept them on. They are starting to suck but players like Aaron Sanchez, Kevin Pillar and Stroman make for good marketing. Now we are left with players on contract who are having a hard time staying healthy.

The team will suck for the next couple of years while players like Martin, Tulo, Travis and Stroman finish off their contracts. Unless Rogers decides to eat the contracts that won't change.

Stroman could be gone in the offseason. There may be teams willing to pay a hefty price for him given what he's done in the past, along with the fact he's under team control (contract wise) for another year or two.

Unfortunately this is where the Jays were headed when they went all in during the 2015 and 2016 runs. It was understandable they'd try again in 2017, but after last year they should've cleaned house. With an old team a rebuild was going to be necessary sooner rather than later. Sooner has arrived.

It's probably going to be 2-3 years at the very least before they're really competitive again.

Blue Jays: Rowdy Tellez makes baseball history in first at-bats

Rowdy Tellez is “the first player in the live-ball era to have an extra-base hit in each of his first three career plate appearances”. The live-ball era, which began in 1920, has seen over 15,000 players debut.

Tellez now joins Trevor Story (2 HRs, 4 RBI), Starlin Castro (HR, 3B, 6 RBI), Joey Gallo (HR, 2B, 4 RBI) and Mark Quinn (2 HR, 2B, 4 RBI) among hitters who have also had spectacular debuts over the past 20 MLB seasons.

https://jaysjournal.com/2018/09/07/blue-jays-rowdy-tellez-makes-baseball-history-first-bats/

Back