News   May 27, 2024
 395     1 
News   May 27, 2024
 2.7K     2 
News   May 27, 2024
 568     0 

Blue Jays

Anyone over 35 grew up watching hockey games before the ends of the rink were protected with netting. For danger, sitting in the stands at a baseball game had nothing on being behind the goalie during pre-game warmup. It was the cars parked along the road or in the driveways across the street that were in greatest danger at ball games.

I grew up in the part of my town where the diamonds were. On summer nights the lights shone into the backyard and the voices of the announcers drifted overhead. There was activity every night. I doubt that there is now. Seems like there was more competitive baseball and fastball played back then. But there are more major-league Canadians now. I only remember Fergie Jenkins from when I was young.

Why does FOX have the exclusive rights to the broadcasting? Didn't we have our own guys (Tom Cheek) call playoff games in the past?

I think Tom Cheek's passing, and the Toronto media have contributed to his call being a bit mythologised over the years. Cheek only called the game on the radio. He wasn't one of the television guys, and even then, CTV didn't have the rights for the game, so fans watched the American feed as they do now. Unless you listened to the game on the radio, you wouldn't have heard Cheek's call.

Jays have tied the series! We're headed back to Toronto for Game 5!

Price is terrible in the playoffs. Really disappointing.

I can't believe the Jays tied the series. I didn't think they would be able to pull off two wins in Texas.

What is up with David Price? 6 hits in 3 innings? If the Jays move on to the ALCS, he needs to get his act together. It's a joke that he got credited with the win yesterday, when Dickey was so dominant and Price was utterly useless. With the way Price has been pitching, he ought to be our number 4 starter. I have far more confidence in Stroman, Estrada and Dickey, right now.

I'm surprised that Texas is going with Cole Hamels tomorrow. We've hit the ball better off him compared to Gollardo, who has dominated our batters. Odd choice. hopefully it backfires.

Jays win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a wild crazy game that was!!! Glad its over. Now I can have my heart attack in peace. :eek:

Back