News   Jul 12, 2024
 981     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 852     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 346     0 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

I'm with you. I'm kind'a tired of hearing everyone wanting an Apple flagship on Bloor, especially that part of Bloor. If anything, an Apple flagship should be at Yonge-Dundas Square and Union Station.

Two points from that article... Pretty strong hint that Dior has rented the Tiffany space if I'm reading between the lines.

Second - per above discussion on PB and Williams-Sonoma "Tourists don’t buy cribs and beds, they buy handbags and sunglasses,†he said. “There’s a strong tourist customer and a growing appetite for luxury goods and that’s also driving the rent higher, because those tenants can afford to pay the climbing rents.â€

I'm with you. I'm kind'a tired of hearing everyone wanting an Apple flagship on Bloor, especially that part of Bloor. If anything, an Apple flagship should be at Yonge-Dundas Square and Union Station.

Per the rumors, some fashionitas are invited to the Apple event tomorrow - you could very well see a big push into the wearable space. It's going to be fashion just as much as technology.

AoD

The Colonnade, 131 Bloor West. Lots of black and gold.

agentprovocateur.jpg

Attachments

• agentprovocateur.jpg
    agentprovocateur.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 947
I noticed that the GNC in the Manulife Centre is closed now.

There's a note on their door saying that they're renovating and have a temporary location in another part of the mall.

Anyone have any idea who the PR contact for Tutti Pizzeria is? I've been trying to find out for a while, but they don't have a website or social media (yet).

RI also mentions Fendi Casa as being confirmed for somewhere in the city and Laduree "speculated", along with a host of "TBAs" for other retailers. It's all a bit speculative- will be good to finally get some confirmation (Dior I'm sure will be the first- RI responded to a comment in their first store opening list saying they would release an article about the Dior Toronto store within a few weeks). Interesting that Berluti is rumoured to be opening in Vancouver, but not in Toronto.

Also, I can't quite figure out where these shops would open. Aside from Dior in the old Tiffany's spot, is there anything at the moment that could house Ferragamo or De Beers or Cucinelli? The old MAC is a bit small, and I can't see them opening at the old Perry's on Bay. Some big "changes" were supposedly going to be announced for Manulife Centre, but haven't heard anything (RI also said they would do an article on this).

I suppose Kiton will be opening soon? Any idea how the work on that shop is progressing or what the projected opening date is?

Last edited:

Back