1.1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 954     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 361     0 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

Moon Apparel is taking over the old Guerlain spot

View attachment 9689

Anyone know if it's pop-up or permanent? UPDATE: According to their Facebook page, it's a pop-up.

Last edited:
Cushman & Wakefield have released their latest retail report on global high streets. One thing that stood out was this article about it from the Financial Post...

http://www.financialpost.com/market...ld+Most+Expensive+Shopping/7544548/story.html

John Crombie, Senior Managing Director, C&W, Canada - “The Canadian retail market is a great place to be right now. Demand for retail space has remained steady over the last 12 months with growth recorded in selected prime locations resulting in a slight fall in the overall retail vacancy rate. Despite keen interest from both American and international retailers, there has been a slight slowdown in leasing activity for foreign retailers as entry costs have proven to be higher than expected and new sites harder to find for new retailers considering Canada as a place to open their business.â€

That said, with activity from American retailers like J. Crew and Brooks Brothers to name a few, Toronto’s Bloor Street rents has gone up by 1.6%, and remains the 20th most expensive street in the world for retail space.

I would interpret this as J. Crew having found space on Bloor. However this seems unlikely to me given some serious space restrictions right now - unless Jacob is finally leaving. It could also just be a general comment about J. Crew expanding in Toronto.

Anyway, here is the full report from C&W...

https://www.cushwake.com/cwglobal/d...c=binaryPubContent&Country=GLOBAL&Language=EN

Cushman & Wakefield have released their latest retail report on global high streets. One thing that stood out was this article about it from the Financial Post...

http://www.financialpost.com/market...ld+Most+Expensive+Shopping/7544548/story.html

I would interpret this as J. Crew having found space on Bloor. However this seems unlikely to me given some serious space restrictions right now - unless Jacob is finally leaving. It could also just be a general comment about J. Crew expanding in Toronto.

Anyway, here is the full report from C&W...

https://www.cushwake.com/cwglobal/d...c=binaryPubContent&Country=GLOBAL&Language=EN

GapKids at 80 Bloor West is the right size for J Crew. I think its around 6,500 square feet. Their Yorkdale location is 5500 square feet while the Eaton Centre one is 9,000. They could also probably expand into the basement if necessary...

(That's just a guess though)

Eleven Boutique on Cumberland is gone. Didn't even know they were in trouble.

Attachments

• elevenboutique.jpg
    elevenboutique.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 178
GapKids at 80 Bloor West is the right size for J Crew. I think its around 6,500 square feet. Their Yorkdale location is 5500 square feet while the Eaton Centre one is 9,000. They could also probably expand into the basement if necessary...

(That's just a guess though)

That would seem to make sense. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

That would seem to make sense. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Was creeping around Retail Insider's Facebook - he's confirmed (As has been reported elsewhere) that D+G has signed as a lease and has hinted that Dior has too: "We've confirmed D&G for Bloor and can't yet confirm Dior @111 Bloor. We'll post the moment we find out!"

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5S 2X9

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 12 286055 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Nov 28, 2012

Project: Multiple Unit Building Interior Alterations

Description: Interior alterations to existing retail spaces on the ground and 2nd floor. Tenant - "Tiffany & Co".

It'll be good to see that blah white hoarding covered in what I can only imagine will be "Tiffany Blue". All of the empty storefronts, awaiting official tenant announcements, are becoming tiresome.

Anyone know who's taking over the old Betsey Johnson spot?

http://app.toronto.ca/ApplicationStatus/details.do?folderRsn=3259213

Building Application Status

Application: Sign Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5S 1M1

Application#: 12 286509 SGN 00 SP Accepted Date: Nov 29, 2012

Project: First Party New

Description: To erect and display one illuminated projecting sign on the easterly elevation of third floor, in conjunction with a jewelry store. Variance already approved (12-257454) **Victorinox**

What jewelry store?

I believe there is a jewelry store called 'Julianne's' or some-such that opened on the third floor of one of the buildings beside Victorinox (maybe above Town Shoes or MAC). Maybe this is what they are referring to? I'm having trouble understanding why Victorinox and this store would erect this in conjunction, however.
Speaking of MAC, is the old space still stagnant? I'm also surprised that nothing has been announced for the former Louis Vuitton space.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5S 2X9

Application#: 12 290521 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Dec 7, 2012

Project: Retail Store Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for interior alterations to existing retail space (Unit 14) "Prairie Gril Bakery" (78.7m2)

Back