News   Apr 30, 2024
 269     0 
News   Apr 30, 2024
 747     0 
News   Apr 29, 2024
 1.7K     0 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

The area in green is the start of exterior work for the new Louis Vuitton store. A glass extension will be added on to the west side of the building facing the church. This is a brilliant location and it's going to look great when finished. I believe this will be one of the larger Vuitton stores in the world at 20,000 sf.

130blrn6.jpg

The entire street frontage of 150 is under construction though. That's not all the new LV store. So the question is, who is taking the additional space? No announcements have been made and the Kevric website says the spot is still for lease, but I have a feeling there will just be a surprise hoarding going up.

The MBCo on Critchley Lane is a big fail now. Was there for lunch and it was practically dead. They aren't even serving alcohol anymore. When asked about it, one of the baristas was very rude with her answer.

Bellini's on Yorkville Avenue has closed.

I think this might be the old currency exchange store next to Second Cup.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5R 2E8

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 11 298347 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Oct 25, 2011

Project: Motel/Hotel Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for interior alterations to ground floor retail unit for new takeout restaurant (8 seats) in existing hotel. Park Hyatt Hotel. No HVAC proposed.

This will be the new location for subway. They've got some of their sandwich wrapping paper covering parts of the windows.

also saw a notice for application of a demolition permit for exhibit, in the window of the older gabby's location. And Booster Juice has already moved out from next door.

Victorinox Swiss Army is taking the old Ilori spot at Bloor & St. Thomas. Not sure if it's permanent or just a 'Christmas Store'.

It would make sense to be permanent. I only saw one Victorinox standalone store, and it was in SoHo/Tribeca. I love their long sleeved polos.

From ACT7 on SSC, last year

"From the New York store's manager, Victorinox has been eyeing Toronto for quite some time as well, although I think they may wait for a space on a smaller street."

Last edited:
I heard its permanent. Its a great brand. Between North Face and Victorinox Bloor St is taking on a different level of luxe product. Its good to see.

Good!! I think Victorinox will do well on Bloor. Victorinox is hard to find and Harry Rosen doesn't carry as much Victorinox like they used to, The clothing is great quality without the sky high prices!!

What a strangely undemonstrative location that is for a big name retailer. A little restaurant, Lippert, that I used to go to in the mid-80s didn't do very well there either.

People will flock to LV no matter where it is!! I'm in Vienna right now and every store is empty except for LV!!

Back