News   May 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   May 14, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   May 14, 2024
 572     0 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

What I find really weird is how there is such a big difference between what Colliers says and what Cushman & Wakefield says. In either case, it's good news for Bloor and Toronto in general but it's like they're analysing two different streets.

What is Colliers saying ?

Incredible! It's been months and we still don't know who's moving onto bloor!!!! Y the secrecy???

Incredible! It's been months and we still don't know who's moving onto bloor!!!! Y the secrecy???

If you're referring to the "major European brand," then it might be because they won't announce it until there's a firmer date on when the new LV store is going to be complete (i.e. they're moving into the current LV location).

If you're referring to the "major European brand," then it might be because they won't announce it until there's a firmer date on when the new LV store is going to be complete (i.e. they're moving into the current LV location).

Do you know that for fact, or are you guessing?

Looks like the old Andy The Anh spot on Yorkville Ave. has been leased - the 'For Lease' signs have come down. Will be interesting to see who takes it.
By the way, I had a chance to go down to the grand opening of The North Face. Great store! They were saying it's the first and only true North Face boutique in Canada, but I thought there was one in Vancouver on Granville - a rep from their headoffice was in the Bloor Street store today and confirmed that Toronto was indeed the first one in Canada. Anyone know if the Vancouver one is a true standalone?

Advertising has gone up on both the Fogal and Sermoneta future storefronts in the Colonnade.

Hey guys Could anyone tell me what's been going on on bloor lately?? Any new store announcements and stuff?? Thanx

Looks like the old Andy The Anh spot on Yorkville Ave. has been leased - the 'For Lease' signs have come down. Will be interesting to see who takes it.
By the way, I had a chance to go down to the grand opening of The North Face. Great store! They were saying it's the first and only true North Face boutique in Canada, but I thought there was one in Vancouver on Granville - a rep from their headoffice was in the Bloor Street store today and confirmed that Toronto was indeed the first one in Canada. Anyone know if the Vancouver one is a true standalone?

The Vancouver store was previously branded "ECO" then changed to just the North Face name under the same ownership from what I heard. i.e. it's not a "corporate" store.

Found this article from 2006 (not sure if the Kits store still exists):
http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=6a0cb9a4-22da-4dea-ad35-b640e8ab6755&k=78751

So it looks like the entire 150 Bloor West spot is under construction. Does that mean that the remaining space beside LV has been leased?

No idea, the space remains for lease at their website.

Btw, the Four Seasons listings are off Avison Young's website. Maybe they've finally found tenants for the two coveted spaces?

No idea, the space remains for lease at their website.

Btw, the Four Seasons listings are off Avison Young's website. Maybe they've finally found tenants for the two coveted spaces?

Yah, I noticed on Kevric's website too that the space is still for lease but these things aren't always up to date. Usually is the street signage is gone, the space is leased, but who knows.

Also, any idea idea who is taking the old Andy The Anh spot on Yorkville Ave? There seems to be some active construction going on in there now. The rumour I heard was Agent Provocateur.

No way of confirming this but I was told by a Yorkville business owner that there's has been a large number of real estate deals with an eye for development in the core Yorkville area. So far, the area bounded by Cumberland, Avenue, Yorkville & Bellair has remained untouched but maybe that's about to change.

Ah.. That's where I draw the line. Nothing should be built in Yorkville proper. It's supposed to be, and should be at all costs, a low rise area.

Back