News   Mar 28, 2024
 80     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 221     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 2.2K     1 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

Edgy and pricey NYC-based streetwear brand 'ALYX' has opened its first standalone storefront on Bellair Street in Yorkville. Multi-brand retailer CNTRBND (with its own storefront at 135 Yorkville Ave.) launched it on Saturday. Some details: https://www.retail-insider.com/reta...s-worlds-1st-standalone-storefront-in-toronto

There's more to come for this story when the founder/designer comes to Toronto next month, and more interesting retail spaces expected to follow that will be dedicated to some of the world's 'cool' brands. This is good news for Yorkville, as these brands generally won't have a presence at malls such as CF Toronto Eaton Centre and Yorkdale, which are now competing with Yorkville for high-spending shoppers.

The new Aritzia, complete with 4 video screens and an indoor cafe along with a beautiful interior.

View attachment 175989

Indeed; it’s quite nice. The cafe is cute, and accessible both from Bloor and from inside the store.

A shop called Sheng Tang Peony has opened at 99 Yorkville...apparently it specializes in luxury goods. It's based out of Shanghai and the only other North American location is in Russian Hill in San Francisco.

Marc Anthony salon in the Prince Arthur at Avenue and Lowther has closed, and the space is up for lease.

Brunello Cucinelli is open on Yorkville. Signage is up in the windows of the neighbouring, still to come Versace and Stone Island shops.

Alixandre Furs is opening in the former M0813 space at The Prince Arthur.

Exterior signage is going to be installed for Richard Mille and Audemars Piguet on the second storey at 135 Yorkville.

Optical Outlook is moving across Yorkville Ave to 110 Yorkville (formerly Mayberry Fine Art).

Bulgari will be opening a shop at Holt's, per building application, in unit L08 - unsure where this is exactly

Last edited:
This is the 2nd move for my friends at Optical Outlook....back and forth they go!
I'm afraid that this may not be the last time they are forced to relocate their shop in an effort to remain in the same spot.

This is the 2nd move for my friends at Optical Outlook....back and forth they go!
I'm afraid that this may not be the last time they are forced to relocate their shop in an effort to remain in the same spot.

Has 110 Yorkville been bought by FCR? Is it being redeveloped?

Back